Just a little update, took the car for its second MOT today and it passed no problem, hard to believe its been on the road for a year even if it hasn't had much use.
Finally decided to fit the mud flaps and I'm really pleased with how it looks, I held off fitting them because of the insane price sets go for I was worried about loosing one, the last set of 2 I saw went for £120. The only problem is the instruction picture on the back shows the bolt heads facing outwards towards the tyres which I think doesn't look right so I've turned them round for now.
Had to remove the engine a few weeks ago because of a bad oil leak from the sump gasket, when I gave the engine a quick overhaul I used the later one piece rubber gasket, which leaked. Still not learning my lesson I dropped the front cross member and all its attachments and tried another one with the correct sealant, it leaked even worse so I took the engine out this time as its easier and used the original style multi piece gasket with Wells seal. A few miles and weeks later its dry as a bone, apart from normal maintenance and whatever comes up I think she's finally finished so thank you all for the praises, kind words, help and encouragement, it means a lot to me.