opec V8

Cortina Mk1 2dr Gt

Ive posted this on ebay.co.uk item 200039676876 -

Ford Cortina Mk1 Two Door GT ( V8)

Lotus Cortina replica – 12 months MOT – 95000 miles.

For sale - 1966 Mk 1 Lotus Cortina replica. The car is Ermine white with Goodwood green stripe, the Body is a two door GT which has been modified to except a 3.5 litre V8 and finished in the above Lotus colours.

This car has been professionally restored over the last 2 years to a very high standard. The shell is an original 1500 GT two door and has been fully restored and is in very good condition, with a full 12 months MOT Test. The shell has been fitted with many new panels including a NOS front panel (Cost £400), new A posts, suspension top plates and various other chassis panels. Front wings are metal and in A1 condition. Shell was professionally resprayed two years ago at a cost of £1500. Re-chromed front Quarter bumpers will be supplied with the car but are not currently fitted.

The engine is a 3.5 Rover V8 fitted with a remote oil filter housing, remote oil cooler (new). Holly 600 CFM carb, re-cored radiator and electronic fan. Transmission is an SDi gearbox with final drive through a standard Cortina GT axle. The Brakes are servo assisted which have been upgraded to all round discs. The Hand Brake is fully Hydraulic “fly-off” type. Suspension is standard (low) and fully adequate, the car handles well. Fuel system is electronic Silver top pump, Filter King fuel regulator to Holly Carb fitted with Ram-flo air filter. Ignition is electronic with new plugs and leads recently fitted.

Interior is in good, clean condition but would benefit from a new carpet. The current carpet has fitted mats and is in average condition.

The Driver’s seat is in excellent condition, the passenger seat has a few wear marks made by the seat belt. The Headlining is excellent as is the dash top and clocks. Rear seat and door cards are in A1 Condition. The Front door cards are not fitted currently and these would require some refurbishment or renewal. The Battery is about a year old, and an isolator is fitted in boot for added security, (which all Cortina’s need).

To summarise, this car is in outstanding condition for its age, its not concourse but it is very clean and solid, and a real eye catcher. The car has been correctly modified and drives well, its great fun and will need a very small amount of work to bring it up to mint condition. Would be great for road use or Santa – pod race days.

Please note, I am selling the car as I have another project which I wish to take on. I have tried to be as honest and clear as I can be in my description, however I would recommend you take the time to come and see the car for yourself, any inspection welcome for serious buyers, but please, no timewasters. Please phone or Email me for more photo’s and/or any questions you may have.

Jim 07956320403 - jim.graham2@ntlworld.com

Edited by opec V8

This is a lovely car ... Good luck with the sale Jim

mmm...wonder what my insurance company would say if I presented that to them......were a bit startled by HOF..... :rofl:

Super little car Jim,good with the sale.I'm sure the new owner with appreciate the quality build of the mk1 and his/her pants will love the speed :rofl:

making way for the l/c's jim? :cheers:

NOS front panel (Cost £400) :rofl:

Edited by morcheen

Well Hello Martin - How are you?

After sandblasting and painting !!!!!

GOT ANY STORAGE SPACE ??

REGARDS - jIM :rofl:

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS RE THE CAR LADS - I WILL BE SICK WHEN I SELL IT BUT I HAVE TO FINISH AN L/C - Jim

fine jim.did you ever get to drive the V8 ? i will have some space soon ,inside or outside? :oops: call me,you can come and have a look,nelly might be coming over to have a look in my aladins cave's soon,so come with him .he has my number if you aint. :(

mmm...wonder what my insurance company would say if I presented that to them......were a bit startled by HOF..... :oops:

142702[/snapback]

My mk2 V8 costs less than £200 fully comp with me and the missus to drive :( :rofl: .