the-ford-cortina.com

ebay lotus scam

BJO 906C

Anyone know whos car this is?

Yes - its a members of the LCR. He is aware of the scams and is none too pleased.

BJO 906C

Yes - its a members of the LCR. He is aware of the scams and is none too pleased.

Well I have reported to ebay I sugest he reports it to the police .

BJO 906C

Well I have reported to ebay I sugest he reports it to the police .

sorry am i missing something here whats the scam

The scam is the car does not belong to the seller the same picture has been used over and over again and ebay ned to sort it out :lol:

The scam is the car does not belong to the seller the same picture has been used over and over again and ebay ned to sort it out :lol:

well there you are then i didnt realise it and a lot of other people will be in the same situation.. ebay need to get their house in order imo

well there you are then i didnt realise it and a lot of other people will be in the same situation.. ebay need to get their house in order imo

Warning signs are :

1. seller with no feedback

2. very cheap price

3. request to communicate via other than ebay messages , in this case saying to make sure you click the option to reveal your email adress - that way if it gets thrown off ebay he can email you with some excuse and try to get you to send a deposit - which you would never see again.

Another sign this one doesnt have is request such as "deposit must be made by paypal within 24 hours of winning bid" .

Easiest way to find out if its genuine is to ask for an adress you can go to see the vehicle at , normal scammer reply is " the car is currently in "some foreign country" but on reciept of payment I will ship back to england at my expense.

This seller ID is the one I reported to E-bay about the green Broadspeed Mk2 being offered by 2 different sellers

I've reported this on 2 occasions in the past!

They've also used the Green Mk2 (At the same time the genuine seller was trying to sell it!) & a yellow RS1600

BJO 906C

Must be mine - I've just sent £5000 via Western Union to Italy thats for a guy that live in Hungary????

He's going to post it to me the week after next & if I don't like it I can send it back free of charge.

:unsure: :cheers:

I don´t understand ebay in this, if the same seller is reported for scam more than one time that id should have been switched off.

I don´t understand ebay in this, if the same seller is reported for scam more than one time that id should have been switched off.

If it was stealing 10p from ebay the ID would have been banned , but why dont the police track these people and arrest them , its a simple case of trying to obtain money by deception in my view?

the police are useless. i have a dealer at the top of my road (dead end road) average 30 junkies an hour. Police reaction until we have good evidence we wont raid the house or stop search junkies. i gave them a video tape of everything, hows that not good enough ! sorry going off the topic abit lol

the police are useless. i have a dealer at the top of my road (dead end road) average 30 junkies an hour. Police reaction until we have good evidence we wont raid the house or stop search junkies. i gave them a video tape of everything, hows that not good enough ! sorry going off the topic abit lol

Seen this situation before - they will have them under survaillance and wont pounce until they have cast iron evidence that will get an easy conviction . GThere was a similar house near my mothers once the junkies used to come that regulary one knocked on the wrong door and asked "have you any gear" the elderly gent who answered calmly relied " no its number eleven you want". This went on blatently for about 6 weeks and the police kept giving the same bland type of replies as you got then one morning at 6a.m. they smashed the door in and the dealers were never seen again.

Of course the junkies just changed to a new supplier - no shortage of the stuff.

Seen this situation before - they will have them under survaillance and wont pounce until they have cast iron evidence that will get an easy conviction . GThere was a similar house near my mothers once the junkies used to come that regulary one knocked on the wrong door and asked "have you any gear" the elderly gent who answered calmly relied " no its number eleven you want". This went on blatently for about 6 weeks and the police kept giving the same bland type of replies as you got then one morning at 6a.m. they smashed the door in and the dealers were never seen again.

Of course the junkies just changed to a new supplier - no shortage of the stuff.

the 'ol bill would soon nick 'em if they were 80 and didn't pay there poll tax!!seriously though i suppose ebay won't do anything as long as they're making money from sellers whether genuine or scammers.