Sign in to follow this  
brian c

MK1 Lotus Cortina replica

Hi all, Im putting my mk1 lotus rep up for sale if anyones interested heres a brief discription, 1500 deluxe shell uprated to GT/lotus spec with original sills and wheel arches, vey strong solid shell. Uprated GT suspension with superflex bushes, lotus spec brakes with rebuilt servo(girling MK2A) Interior is as lotus spec ie lotus dash, chrome handbrake, console ect... cobra bucket seats, lotus style steering wheel. 1600 twincam engine built on the rare 701M block with powermax pistons, 6 bolt crank, 125E rods all balanced, Head has unleaded valve seats, bronze valve guides, stainless valves and fast road cams. The engine has covered 940 steady miles since the rebuild. All engine machine work carried out by Burton performance. 2000E lotus gearbox with remote. Lotus steel wheels with 175 avon tyres. Large bore exhaust manifold and system, Aldon dizzy with electronic ignition, brand new weber 40 DCOE's. I have lots of pictures of the car , so if your interested i can email them to you and answer any questions you have. Oh car is 1965 aero-flow model. Long MOT ect... Contact Brian at claridge787@btinternet.com or phone 01279 452738 between 5.30-9.00PM week days or at weekends. Im looking for offers around £7.500 Thanks

post-3024-1195768559_thumb.jpg

are you in Bootle :car:

are you in Bootle :ph34r:

No he's in Harlow Essex....

Hi Brian,

Good luck with selling your car, I wish I had seen it before I brought my mk2 Lotus, I have spent £10K on my Lotus so far and it's not finished, so what you want for your car seems a fair price.

Regards

Lee

Hi Brian,

Good luck with selling your car, I wish I had seen it before I brought my mk2 Lotus, I have spent £10K on my Lotus so far and it's not finished, so what you want for your car seems a fair price.

Regards

Lee

Thanks Lee, the engine alone owes me about 6 grand, I'll never get back what i've layed out, but thats allways the way.

post-3024-1195924284_thumb.jpg

That's realy nice i might be tempted.

Tim

From Bootle

That's realy nice i might be tempted.

Tim

From Bootle

worth every penny,imagne how much it would be if it was geuine lotus,must sell kidney,good luck should fly away at that price, :afro: :(

I'm waiting back on a pm from Brian,i need a new mk1 cortina since i sold mine.

I've been gutted ever since.

Tim

Thanks very much Brian, ive emailed you back,Tim

Thanks Tim, Email's been sent.

Mint condition under there!

Thanks Tim, Email's been sent.

Mint condition under there!

I spent two weeks on my back with a wire brush wheel on a grinder to get it like that, worth it in the end though.

post-3024-1197731868_thumb.jpg