Sign in to follow this  
consul315

Cortina Mk1 model car - ex Dagenham Factory

cortinaestatedagenham.jpg

cortinaestatedagenham001.jpg

these were displaid at the ford museum amongst many other fords. does anybody know were they are gone? i have never seen them at Gaydon, were some of the displays went.

a lot of what was displayed there was on loan to them - I wonder how many of the models that applies to? :cheers:

there was talk that the museum would reopen at another site in the Dagenham area, possibly somewhere purpose built, but that was a long time ago I heard that - I guess (assume?) that as nothing has happened the plug got pulled :afro:

a lot of what was displayed there was on loan to them - I wonder how many of the models that applies to? ;)

there was talk that the museum would reopen at another site in the Dagenham area, possibly somewhere purpose built, but that was a long time ago I heard that - I guess (assume?) that as nothing has happened the plug got pulled :)

yeah, i think so. seems to be Ford isn´t really interested in it´s history. i remember the guy from the museum told me, that he had to beg around to raise some money to adapt the unused building and put the cars together. and yes, many of the cars have been loaned and had to go back to their prev. owners and some to Gaydon.

i once thought of donating my october 62 car to the museum (if they were interested), as it´s one of the oldest (Mrcostin has the very oldest known i think) and low mileage car with still original paint (first owner was a disabled older lady).it might have suited to the last mk5, that was on display. i am glad now i didn´t ,because the museum doesn´t exist anymore.

Edited by consul315

I think its a poor show that Ford dont seem that bothered by its history. I know, in general, history doesent make them substantial money, but still!!!

Companies like BMW and especially Mercedes are right into their heritage and go all out to promote it.

yes, that´s true. in 2003, when Ford had it´s 100th year jubilee, the then active Brand Manager of FOMOCO Austria told me, that he wants to do a show on "Salzburg-Ring" race-track. he asked me, if i would be prepared to put some of my cars on display there, which would have been a pleasure to me. but he said he´s not sure, if he will be able to raise some money from Ford for this event. and of course there was no such event, as the management didn´t want to sponsor this event, which would´t have been a fortune for a company like that.

so far about Ford in our days. ;)

TBH, I think that Fords lack of interest in their past has more to do with their ongoing financial problems than anything else - paying out to support anniversary events won't help keep the comany afloat ;)

Its a real shame they can't see the benefit of their past in the same way that the likes of Mercedes do..

I think its a poor show that Ford dont seem that bothered by its history. I know, in general, history doesent make them substantial money, but still!!!

Companies like BMW and especially Mercedes are right into their heritage and go all out to promote it.

Well Mercedes was the first car as we know them ;) named after Karl Benz daughter

TBH, I think that Fords lack of interest in their past has more to do with their ongoing financial problems than anything else - paying out to support anniversary events won't help keep the comany afloat ;)

Its a real shame they can't see the benefit of their past in the same way that the likes of Mercedes do..

It IS good advertising and brand promotion though

Check the local McDonalds :( it has a large collection of model cars, perhaps some come from the there? the one by the bus halt on the old A13 ;)

82GLS is right near there but i don't think he frequents the place :)

Check the local McDonalds :( it has a large collection of model cars, perhaps some come from the there? the one by the bus halt on the old A13 ;)

82GLS is right near there but i don't think he frequents the place :)

i think i ve been to this when travelling through, but they had mainly american models and some petrol signs etc., as far as i remember! :P

nah there just tight & not interested we helped with the "21 years as nations fav" promotion back in the 90's & they we're not interested back then.

unlike many other makers.