would take two as well. MOT tester has broken it! :rofl:

Edited by consul315

as title says i need one for a GT!

What should it look like?

as title says i need one for a GT!

What should it look like?

actually it looks like the Deluxe/Super one, but has 3 contact pins. will post pic in the evening when back from work!

The Mk1 Cortina Owners Club stocks these.

oh, thanks, i ll have a look in the club magazine then! :rolleyes:

Is it a two way only switch or 3 position?

yes, it´s two way only (on/off), not like the one from light or heater!

HMM THINK I HAVE ALREADY HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR SOMEONE ELSE all our switches with 3 lugs have three positions and ALL THE TWO POSITION SWITCHES ONLY HAVE 2 lugs on the back!

HMM THINK I HAVE ALREADY HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR SOMEONE ELSE all our switches with 3 lugs have three positions and ALL THE TWO POSITION SWITCHES ONLY HAVE 2 lugs on the back!

yes, i think they are hard to find. i fitted a 2 lug (Deluxe/Super)one at the moment and left the heater solenoid free. of course i could feed the wire from different source, but i always fancy originality. i haven´t found it listed in the Mk1 OC magazine as well, maybe i ll find one at the YAT. another way would be to take the bottom of the broken and the top from a 2 lug one, i think i´ll have a try if i can´t find one!

yes, i think they are hard to find. i fitted a 2 lug (Deluxe/Super)one at the moment and left the heater solenoid free. of course i could feed the wire from different source, but i always fancy originality. i haven´t found it listed in the Mk1 OC magazine as well, maybe i ll find one at the YAT. another way would be to take the bottom of the broken and the top from a 2 lug one, i think i´ll have a try if i can´t find one!

Part No EL15 - £2.35 each from the Mk1 OC. An ordinary 2 way switch will work but the wipers will not park when switched off.

Part No EL15 - £2.35 each from the Mk1 OC. An ordinary 2 way switch will work but the wipers will not park when switched off.[/b]

thanks, but i think EL15 is just the normal 2 pin type, as it´s not listed as GT. :cheers: maybe i can have a look at the AGM, if i make it over and don´t find one till then!

ive had nothing but grief trying to get one of these...the club one works (i brought one!) but the threaded portion is not long enough to screw on the chrome ring whilst the dash is in place....blob of superglue until i can find a good secondhand replacement :lol:

ive had nothing but grief trying to get one of these...the club one works (i brought one!) but the threaded portion is not long enough to screw on the chrome ring whilst the dash is in place....blob of superglue until i can find a good secondhand replacement :ph34r:

do the club a 3 lug one, as it´s not mentioned for GT?

post-2645-1212397549_thumb.jpg

Edited by consul315

Hi Hans-found one of these,NOS genuine in my parts collection.Do you want me to send or you can collect at the Yat if you are still coming-Steve.