diff

mk2 gt

Its taken a while but heres the thread on my mk2.

Boght the car as an mot failure in 1993 took about a year of tidying and welding to get it on the road . Lasted in that state for about 3 years before the crossflow started getting a bit tired so I put pinto in on the standard 4 speed, 2 weeks later the bottom end gave out, so it recieved a reground crank and a freshen up.

1997 while still being used as my daily driver I got driven into by a stolen car. 6 months it took to get it back together recieving a few custom touches like smoothed engine bay removed boot lock and opel manta seats. It was in this guise that it was in both Performance Ford in 1998 (feature done by Jon Hill )

Perfford.jpg

and Classic Ford in 1999.

Gem52.jpg

Another 5 years of daily use took its toll and it needed another freshen up by now I had a digital camera so have some pics.

dscn3581.jpg

Gem1-1.jpg

Gem1.jpg

Gem4.jpg

Gem11.jpg

Gem17.jpg

Gem21.jpg

Gem35.jpg

Gem31.jpg

Gem30-1.jpg

Gem42.jpg

Thats how she went back on the road for a rolling road shoot out for Classic Ford mag where she produced about 130 at the wheels about 2 hours after the mot and the longest journey on the road in 2 years.

th_Gemgobrmm.jpg

During the rebuild twin 45 dellortos were added , straight cut rs2000 gear box and a new set of 7x13 superlights with 175/50x 13 dunlops (lasted 4 weeks) . New corbeau buckets ,luke harnesses and 6 point safety devices cage.

Loads of fresh metal was added sills , arches, top plates and about 4 sheets of steel along with 2 brand new doors that were a lucky find at Enfield autojumble

About 6 weeks later had a little coming together with a certain blue kadette while driving to Victory Wheelers show and had to replace bootliid back panel and rear valance.

Gem48.jpg

Once done that was pretty much how she was when featured in Retro ford last September and in the Retro feature in max power at the begining of last year

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

That is pretty much state of play now as Jo's viva has taken most of the time up in the last few years but shes still used regular and still kept as clean as possible.

IMG_1482.jpg

Still looking great Diffy... look forward to its next stage.... so you can kick vauxhall a rse... :cheers:

Looking great, sitting just right on those Superlites :cheers:

very nice seen it at battlesbrige last year looks even better in the flesh!

Fantastic car :unsure: Your car was in the first number I bought of Classic Ford and reason why I got myself a mk2. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Tomas

Fantastic car :unsure: Your car was in the first number I bought of Classic Ford and reason why I got myself a mk2. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Tomas

10 years ago she was in classic ford, must be one of only a few still owned by the same person 10 years after a feature.

10 years? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

how time flies!!!

still look good :rofl: any idea what happened to the graphite one that youre was featured with? Last time I knew of it it was for sale, but that must be 6 or 7 years ago now :unsure:

10 years? :winner: :winner: :cheers:

how time flies!!!

still look good :cheers: any idea what happened to the graphite one that youre was featured with? Last time I knew of it it was for sale, but that must be 6 or 7 years ago now :cheers:

The graphite one that was in the photo shoot for performance ford with me was for sale for years , but he wanted serious money for it.

The graphite one that was in the photo shoot for performance ford with me was for sale for years , but he wanted serious money for it.

he certainly did - could argue it was way too much he was asking, but then again, you couldn't build one to the standard that was for that kinda money, so was it really too much........? :cheers:

not seen it around for a long while, wonder where it is now

How much you dropped that by mate?

And are you on 13x7s?

he's having broadband probs at the mo but i know its running decambered rears and coilovers on the front and yes its on 7x13's with 175x50's

Edited by nightmaresracing

Sorry not been on here much due to house move , but now got my double garage so the next stage of my mk2 can progress later in the year.

I've got to say I honestly don't know how much its been lowered as Ive not measure the difference when parked next to another but the rear leaves were decambered 4 inches by leda so thats got to be a good bet.

I will try to get to e few meets this year in it before I pull it of the road , but hopefully it will be at classic ford next year with new power.