sarang

Ford Cortina XR6 XOCET

hello people, may have to sell my baby due to work comittments abroad. PM me if u are serious about making an offer. i know of some guys here in SA who export cars so that wont be a problem. Car is original in and out have spent a lot of money doing the mechanicals at Ford. Good condition Interceptores here are fetching between 55K - 65K. As u guys know the XOCET is eveb more rare than the Interceptor, so some reasonable offers please. thanks guys. uveshg@atns.co.za will email pics so they can be uploaded, having some IT problems with the URL.

hello people, may have to sell my baby due to work comittments abroad. PM me if u are serious about making an offer. i know of some guys here in SA who export cars so that wont be a problem. Car is original in and out have spent a lot of money doing the mechanicals at Ford. Good condition Interceptores here are fetching between 55K - 65K. As u guys know the XOCET is eveb more rare than the Interceptor, so some reasonable offers please. thanks guys. uveshg@atns.co.za will email pics so they can be uploaded, having some IT problems with the URL.

I've just posted it :winner:

http://buysellcortina.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=27336

that is very nice indeed :winner: and has all the desirable mk5 toys on it too...

could your friends get me a replacement buck for my mk3 bakkie?

ifso any idea on price to buy & ship a styleside one to the uk? thanks craig

55k-65k - sounds a cheap car when you consider the man is talking South African Rands........£3800-£4500 in our money, but then again depends upon importation costs :cheers:

Edited by SS069

Very nice indeed. But only something to buy if you were looking to keep it a long time.. stab in the dark I'd guess probably another 1200-2000 to get it over here and registered.. much as I like them i think you'd struggle to sell it on in the UK for £5 -6.5k

Late Cortinas seem to be valued more highly in SA.. which is good.. but a shame from our point of view.

Having said that I LOVE it... wish I had that sort of money kicking about because I'd be sorely tempted!

Edited by CortinaDave

Very nice indeed. But only something to buy if you were looking to keep it a long time.. stab in the dark I'd guess probably another 1200-2000 to get it over here and registered.. much as I like them i think you'd struggle to sell it on in the UK for £5 -6.5k

Late Cortinas seem to be valued more highly in SA.. which is good.. but a shame from our point of view.

Having said that I LOVE it... wish I had that sort of money kicking about because I'd be sorely tempted!

I hope that we're not looking to profiteer on cars within the BSC community...........they are bought for pleasure purposes surely.......... :cheers:

We need to consider the cost of restoration + paintwork + the new bright work required to get a Cortina (or any aged car) to a decent standard will cost a few quid..the SA cars need little (usually no) welding &* normally the paint is dull + the cars in SA are usually performance enahnced as standard too.... :beer:

so "sarang" get more Cortinas found for us guys in the not so sunny UK :cheers:

No... What I meant was say you bought it and a year down the line you come to sell.. you'd be hugely out of pocket.

So its a car you could only buy if you were intending to keep it for years, or you were loaded (fleet) :cheers: and didnt care about the prospect of losing a good few grand over the course of your ownership

No... What I meant was say you bought it and a year down the line you come to sell.. you'd be hugely out of pocket.

So its a car you could only buy if you were intending to keep it for years, or you were loaded (fleet) :cheers: and didnt care about the prospect of losing a good few grand over the course of your ownership

guys i have quite alot of interest from not oly this forum but aslo others and guys in OZ as well. the biggest question seems to be cost of import. i have talked to some of the guys that do this regularly here in SA and they say around 1000 pounds. it is best to get an agent in the UK that services your area or port as this is much cheaper than if it is done from here., more than double in Rand value(35000 Rands).

i am not trying to make a fortune on the car just want it to go to a good home but at the same time i have to recover my costs as well. it must be remembered that this is probably the last remaining XOCET anywhere let alone SA, and to find an XR6 let alone an XOCET in this good condition is impossible to say the least even here in SA. the reason why i am openin to offers from abroad is the obvious Rand value since locals are reluctant to pay asking price not because of the lack of knowledge of the car but more so the fuel price and the SA economy at present.

I have advertised vaguely in SA on certain forums with a lot of interest but most people only want to see the car, take pics and go on joyrides, to say to their mates that they checked out and rode in an XOCET. this is a real waste of time and money hence me wanting to target the Cortina fans out there in the hope that the car will go to a good home!!!

so come on guys heres your chance to own a piece of true blue heritage, most of us never get an opportunity like this ever!!! get some prices for shipping etc and make me a reasonable offer!! thanks guys.

Nothing wronge with making money on a cortina :cheers:

some of us have been doing it for longer than most have even owned one :cheers:

Good luck with it mate, i'd love to see it in the flesh at a show one year :beer: