CorKtina

mk4 1600auto

Just been round to see Steve, says halloo to everyone who hasn't joined the other site, twas good to see Tinaman again :car:

Typicaly my new camera was flat when i got there :D sorry Bodie :rofl: so no pics i'm affraid.

But basicly theres a small patch on the passenger front door that will need attention (purley cosmetic though) , it looks to of had 2 new front wings at some time and they are fine the only major bit of rust requiring some urgent work is where the front passenger wing mounts to the underside of the sill (needs a plate at the end of the sill) this is unseen so a tidey job isnt essential, both rear jacking points have been done in the past and are solid as are the inner sills.

Overall the car is in great condition the rear seats have been patched (to cover sun fading) any body work needed is small and insignificant (apart from the pass door) and a small post graze on the 2 passenger arches, and a small patch of rust on the rear of the roof above the rear window which has blown through the vinal roof but when painted black will hardly notice.

The boot is in very good condition (a few blisters but no holes) and the petrol filler pipe is ok (1 blister).

The inner wings have been zibarted as have the sills and door pillers (i assume when new)

Scuttle pannel is solid and so are the rear sides (the bits below the wrapround end caps on a Mk5).

Running wise the car starts first time on the button (manual choke) with no smoke at all (could do with a service as it idles a bit low).

The auto box is smooth and changes gear nicely and kicks down ok too (if your reading this Steve sorry for the wheel spins in the back ally) :rofl:

The brakes are sharp and don't pull but the rears could maybe do with a little adjustment (minor though and dosn't really affect the braking just being picky).

Overall it looks a really nice car in an unusual shade of metalic green and you really need to look for the bits i pointed out.

thanks,rob for the report..i'll tell steve i will have it then..can you sort out bringing it up for me?does it just need that patch doing for the mot?it certainly sounds nice,better than i expected.. :D

p.s.was the front end ok :D

Yes!!!! a sale......drinks on me in my local tonight.....be quick though 11pm now, pubs shut in 4 hours time....

i will take the safe option and get rob to bring it :D you've probably sabotaged it,and eaten the curly wurly in the glove box :D

thanks,rob for the report..i'll tell steve i will have it then..can you sort out bringing it up for me?does it just need that patch doing for the mot?it certainly sounds nice,better than i expected.. :D

p.s.was the front end ok :D

It was the only bit i could see and steve had been over it a few times, voids felt ok but you can never tell how vigourus the tester will be :(

sills had one or 2 plates already on em but they are the origional from what i could see.

Yep i'll do it hopefully next week if thats ok?

The front was surprisingly fine concidering the damage it did to the other car in the drive :cheers:

Edited by bortaf

well if Steve didnt nick the Curly Wurly, you can guarantee that Boratf will get it......am I getting some money for it at some stage?

Curly Wurly? didn't spot that :unsure:

Think i'll wait till i'm aloan on the M1 for looksee :car:

yep,richard,just let me know how you want money sorting...shall i post a curly wurly with it too :unsure:

rob,i am just waiting on mark to see if he sells his 2.3,as he wants my crusader,maybe you could take that over to him when you drop the mk4 off,if its not too much of a trek for you..sort out a price with him for doing it.if he can't take it,will you have it off me,as i really need it gone to make some room.shouldn't take much to sort it out,couple patches and brakes looking at.

:car: ,mike.

sorry mike, dont want to hold everything up. i was supposed to get a call from an interested party about the 2.3 today but ive heard nowt so dont know whats happening there. my mate up the road who's into cortys/grannies says he'll have it though. wasnt in when i went up earlier so i'll get hold of him tommorow cos i want to make sure he's serious about buying before i commit to your crusader. so long as he says he is then thats ok, i just need to know the 2.3 is going for definate soon before i do cos otherwise i'm going to be stuck with the crusader without any cash to do owt with it. so as soon as i know you will to.

sorry mike, dont want to hold everything up. i was supposed to get a call from an interested party about the 2.3 today but ive heard nowt so dont know whats happening there. my mate up the road who's into cortys/grannies says he'll have it though. wasnt in when i went up earlier so i'll get hold of him tommorow cos i want to make sure he's serious about buying before i commit to your crusader. so long as he says he is then thats ok, i just need to know the 2.3 is going for definate soon before i do cos otherwise i'm going to be stuck with the crusader without any cash to do owt with it. so as soon as i know you will to.

Thats ok Mark, you could leave it on me truck :)

Whilest i drive off home in it :)

You guys sort it out and let me know where when ect :o