Sign in to follow this  
TIB3300

OOOOWWW WHATS IN THE BARN ?????

very good rob :thumbup: How about some more pikkis ;) Been to seeside or any shows ?

Edited by TIB3300

I really like this car, looks great with the black bumpers. I agree with tibbs about the sound of v8's, love that sound but I think a 4 cylinder turbo sounds great too, pinto or yb, or even a cross flow on twin carbs has a nice burble, but here's an odd one for you, remember those old five cylinder fiat 20v coupes, they actually sound the muts nuts to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1FtLDvFMls

Edited by wolfrace

I was at Bournemouth wheels festival, I've had some problems with the starter motor/battery/alternator this summer. She seems to let me down every time just before a show.

I've got my mechanic over this week so hoping to make it to the CCOTP at Christchurch at the end of the month!

Will upload some more pics tomorrow, lots of little tweaks going on at the moment!

Always toying with the idea of a different engine, I'm not fussed on speed, more about the drive, sound, and something she deserves which if I was to change the lump would have to be for a V8!

Being a 2.0 GT 2 door I just can't bring myself to change it! Who knew there was a part of me that liked some things kept original!

I was at Bournemouth wheels festival, I've had some problems with the starter motor/battery/alternator this summer. She seems to let me down every time just before a show.

I've got my mechanic over this week so hoping to make it to the CCOTP at Christchurch at the end of the month!

Will upload some more pics tomorrow, lots of little tweaks going on at the moment!

Hiya Rob

What you should do when you car needs to be fixed ? Is ask for help on here :thumbup:

as not only will you get a diagnosis you will get a guide on how tofix it and may even get someone coming to your place to help you fix it .

Are you a MTOC member ?

Edited by TIB3300

Thanks I'll be sure to :)

My mechanic is a friend who replaced the starter motor a while back so it's warranted still.

I was but it says access denied recently so I'm guessing I need to contact Helena to renew my subscription!

remember those old five cylinder fiat 20v coupes, they actually sound the muts nuts to me.

Yup, our Volvo oil-burner has a straight 5 and it has the same 'turbine' sound and smoothness of our old Daimler straight-6. If they do a petrol version I'd consider putting one into a Cortina. But the Jag passed it's MOT with flying colours, so its V8 will be in the car for another year, and by then my Mk3 will be on the road and I'll be ready for a new project!

It's nice to see 'PUD' around. I do like the matt black, it makes me think of Australia and the car in Mad Max II. :thumbup:

Edited by Danish

Can we hold you to that about the Mk3 Jayne?

Pete-H

5 cylinders!! Fiat? Volvo? Surely Audi has that one in the bag?!

:thumbup:

4x4 Quattro ????

4x4 Quattro ????

Not necessarily in quattro form.......here's 2.3 20v NA 5-pot in a Scimitar.

CarRunMarch018.jpg

The old group b quattros used to sound great, whether the normal production 5 cyl audi put in road cars was better than fiats production 20v turbo I'm not too sure. The volvo 5cyl was used in the focus RS and, a well regarded engine, 225 hp out of the box.