carphil288

MK2 steering column bushes

Further to that, Hans, this the detail from the Ebay site where I bought the wheel...I know it says that it "Universally fits with any Standard 6-Bolt Racing Hub Adapters" ...but I want to be sure I get the right hub/adapter. 

by the way, is a boss the same thing as an "adapter". Or do you need both? You can tell I'm confused!

Here is the advertisement text...

15'' Universal Steering Wheel Classic Wood
Silver Spoke 50mm Deep Dish with Horn

Description:

The frame is made of high quality aluminum and high quality wood.

380mm Diameter 50mm Deep Dish Vintage Spec.

Universally fits with any Standard 6-Bolt Racing Hub Adapters (e.g. Nardi, Personal, Momo, Sparco,…etc.).

Horn Button is Retained.

Professional Installation is Highly RecommendedInstallation Instruction is NOT Included.

Application:

Universally Fits 6-Hole Adapters 

Package:

1 X Wooden Steering Wheel

All Necessary Hardware

Hi Hans, 

Sorry for the delay. I'd have the same problem with a drawing as with a  photograph. But I gave measured the PCD on my 6-bolt Kyostar wheel. This is based on this definition: that the PCD is 

measured from the inside of one hole directly across to the outside of the hole opposite.

On that basis, the PCD is 7cm or 70mm.

And, for reference, this is my type of wheel...

380mm-15-Wooden-Classic-steering-wheel-C

It would show a pic of my type of wheel.

Cheers Hans,

Best regards,

Bill.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/1968Corsair/p/4121be18-17c4-41d4-b91a-acaf0c583375

Cant be 100% sure but it looks like a Mountney MB026 might do the trick - Ford spline and fits 70 or 74 depending on the fittings used . E-bay / Opie oils is where I got that info - probably worth asking via message to see if they know for sure . Steve. 

Thanks for your helpful contribution, Steve. So (subject to checking, as you say) the Moutney MB026 is the boss? Is that all I need?

I get confused if an adapter is also required - or is a boss and adapter the same thing? Is an adapter what you mean by "fittings used"?

Anyway  this could be key info, so a big thanks to you.

Best regards 

Bill

Ok Bill - as i understand it , that will be all you need - it should just bolt to your wheel , your horn push area would come off to tighten the nut on the spline . I did look at Mountneys website page and found a PDF with the extra info ! cheers- Steve. 

Top man! Big thanks to both Hans and your good self for taking the time to help. Looking forward to a successful conclusion...Will advise of outcome as and when.

Just canvassing your thoughts Hans...would you agree a Mountney MB026 boss is the way to go, given your thoughts about the Corsair 2000E steering being interchangeable with Cortinas Mk1 & Mk 2?

as far as i could see in the pdf, it says 70mm pcd as well and it has a horn button, not sure yet, if it has the same size "ring" as the Corsair-maybe you ask the supplier before you order. i ve just done measuremment of the Corsair wheel from the ground, it´s ca 165mm or maybe 160, as it has an aftermarket leather cover fitted. maybe you countercheck your wheel and the "height" of the boss, so you have the same distance from the column:

IMG_2968.JPG

Edited by consul315