Sign in to follow this  
atlanticblue

blue mk5 interior

having dragged my mk5 out the garage for the first time in 6 months i've realised how tired the seats are looking and the replacement drivers seat doesnt really blend in so i'm looking for a replacement interior in blue from an 81/82 car. dont think i'll ever find another blue L interior so looking for GL or Ghia really.

cheers

I may be able to help you there......I will get back to you

they may need a bit of a clean, but i have front and rear seats in blue, ill need to check on condition though.

steve

eggs.......I am sorry I didnt get back to you but the interior has been thrown! only the carpet survives!

bacon...no worrys! i just bumped it back to the top on the offchance :rambo:

I've got an idea of restoring the original trim by replacing the foam padding under the cover material but it'll be a long tedious job lol

Yes it will take time and patience, but the end results will be good. Duffy did this on his interior in his minter Mk5. From memoery he took the seat covers off, seperated the backing from the face cloth and took all the old foam out, washed all the material and stitched it all back up again with new foam.......

I think he got the front seats donw professionally but he did put Ghia trim on some Recaros which looked awesome!