Sign in to follow this  
Cosmicnick

1600e's lots of them!!!!

Not quite sure when these were taken or where, but was given them by a lady who use to own the aubergene 1600e reg nov 429g,

this happened when i took my 1600e cortina out and went for a pub lunch with the mrs, she saw me park my car up and came over talking

saying that she had owned a couple years ago and did the shows for a few years and had some pictures and would i be interested in looking at them,

so i scanned them as they had to be returned.

Does anybody reconise a car in this lot, may be you owned one at the time the pics were taken :lol:

scan0001.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0014.jpg

scan0015.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Some nice cars in this lot :lol: B) B)

I'm thinking this was the national rally (E owners club) at Bridgnorth when we were forced to move as Lilford closed it's doors , I recognise some of the cars RTR used to live in Bracknell and the red one with all the extra stripes belonged to a guy on the coast called Geoff something , was actually quite rotten underneath. , the others are club regulars and I think Brian Garley is in shot behind TDP , the bottom photo's could well be Lilford Park along with the Batcar - I remember the wet national rally, and Tony is that your white Savage ? so many years ago..all blurred in the mists of time. :lol:

Edited by RedexR

Now they are lovely. :lol:

I'm thinking this was the national rally (E owners club) at Bridgnorth when we were forced to move as Lilford closed it's doors , I recognise some of the cars RTR used to live in Bracknell and the red one with all the extra stripes belonged to a guy on the coast called Geoff something , was actually quite rotten underneath. , the others are club regulars and I think Brian Garley is in shot behind TDP , the bottom photo's could well be Lilford Park along with the Batcar - I remember the wet national rally, and Tony is that your white Savage ? so many years ago..all blurred in the mists of time. :lol:

You could be right about the location Rob, I wonder who owned the Aquatic Jade one, AYP 719 H ?

Hi Rob ... Yep' thats 189 alright, during I'm almost sure, Gary Snellings' tenure. "Frame Six", I am again, all most certain we can see "GWC 10H" ( another of my old "Motors" ) if it is, the picture I would date as 1991 Bridgnorth. Remember also, that chap who had the most extensive "Cortina, photograhic history board ?" This can also be seen in this picture.

Cheers to all

Tony

:lol:

Edited by Tony Webster

That'll be nalaeroom who post's on here !

FTW had a few owners over the years.....I purchased it in 2006 and sold it on to its present owner in Co.Clare on the west side of Ireland.....

The last 2 pis i'm 99% certain they were at towneley park at Burnley,think picture 10 with the batmobile is as well.

omb802h is Allans who posts on here,still doing shows, saw it at ripon racecourse about a month since and it's

still a minter.

I'm thinking this was the national rally (E owners club) at Bridgnorth when we were forced to move as Lilford closed it's doors , I recognise some of the cars RTR used to live in Bracknell and the red one with all the extra stripes belonged to a guy on the coast called Geoff something , was actually quite rotten underneath. , the others are club regulars and I think Brian Garley is in shot behind TDP , the bottom photo's could well be Lilford Park along with the Batcar - I remember the wet national rally, and Tony is that your white Savage ? so many years ago..all blurred in the mists of time. :headscratch:

Hi Rob ... Yep' thats 189 alright, during I'm almost sure, Gary Snellings' tenure. "Frame Six", I am again, all most certain we can see "GWC 10H" ( another of my old "Motors" ) if it is, the picture I would date as 1991 Bridgnorth. Remember also, that chap who had the most extensive "Cortina, photograhic history board ?" This can also be seen in this picture.

Cheers to all

Tony

:oops:

I spoke to the lady tonight and 1991 is round about the time these pics were taken, she is not sure where thow, so i'll take your word for it.

I did a dvla check on her car and it looks like it did not make it past 1994 :( a remote chance it's in for a long resto.

Their are some more photos and if i get them i'll post them up :( B) :rofl:

I spoke to the lady tonight

Debbie Lee ?

scan0006.jpg

mk2tinaGT 's car hes registered on here

scan0003.jpg

Townley Park Burnley

scan0010.jpg

Pete Fisher stood there , hes the chap built the blue two door mk2 we had :thumbup:

scan0009.jpg

Dave Marsdens car

scan0007.jpg

Alan Pontefracts owned it from new - still has it.