Sign in to follow this  
lee b

mk1 cortina latest find

ive been after this car for years and the owner finally decided to sell as he realised he was never going to get round to renovating it. a 1 owner car 1500 delux that has been under a tarpaulin for 10 years and rust in usual places, but is so much better than the trackday car ive repaired lately. some fantastic 80s style mods including a compass and wing mirrors and more cheap halfords switches than ive ever seen

jacking points and outriggers rusty and sills will req replacing, front wings are rusty, drivers wheel arche shot

on a positive note, a decent repair to top plates looks good, a posts solid, floor looks reasonably sound, rear quarters ok, innerwings and battery tray good,roof and gutter rails solid, boot ok,

post-2525-1284586634.jpg

post-2525-1284586646.jpg

post-2525-1284586657.jpg

well pleased it is origional paint and surprised me how well its held up, red interior and only £400. i dont have room for it but at that price i had to have it. heres my brother pushing it in the drive, always good to get some big chaps round to try to free of stuck clutches and brakes.

post-2525-1284587007.jpg

this wasnt near mitcham/croydon way out on the blokes big drive was it?

looks a good find though :headscratch:

no gavin,

dragged out by the rear axel from a garden in heathrow, probably 400 yards from the south runway. which was why it wasnt spotted and bought earlier, mind it was under a tarpaulin but we can spot and old ford from the shape even under a tarp. theres no way you could do that with a modern car as they all look nigh on the same.

lee

no gavin,

dragged out by the rear axel from a garden in heathrow, probably 400 yards from the south runway. which was why it wasnt spotted and bought earlier, mind it was under a tarpaulin but we can spot and old ford from the shape even under a tarp. theres no way you could do that with a modern car as they all look nigh on the same.

lee

nice find we all know of these old ford hidden away that we want to own lol :headscratch:

Oo, very nice! Held up well for abeing under a tarp. Usually condensation trapped kills them

This makes me want to get on to a guy i know has a mk1 lotus rep as a garden feature :rolleyes: Had a gen series 1 lotus and he chopped it up!!! salvaged some of it :unsure:

theres plenty of welding required outriggers and jacking point rusted out on drivers side and the main rail connecting these also holed, sills gone and floor around these areas will req welding but the outer panels apart from wings are ok, lower rear quarters both need replacing same old rot spots on any mk1.

ive really enjoyed clearing the usual paperwork from the dash and glovebox theres old tins of musk a crap first aid kit and an aerosol fire extinguisher that looks straight out of the 70s, .ty home made carpets, dials that are not wired or plumbed in, two radios yes two radios wired in, i found a wooden football rattle from the 50s, tax discs dating back to 1970 onwards, old newspapers dated 1986 and some of my old football friends are on the back pages, absolutely brilliant. and every spider you can possibly think off has made a web.b

ive been after this car for years and the owner finally decided to sell as he realised he was never going to get round to renovating it. a 1 owner car 1500 delux that has been under a tarpaulin for 10 years and rust in usual places, but is so much better than the trackday car ive repaired lately. some fantastic 80s style mods including a compass and wing mirrors and more cheap halfords switches than ive ever seen

jacking points and outriggers rusty and sills will req replacing, front wings are rusty, drivers wheel arche shot

on a positive note, a decent repair to top plates looks good, a posts solid, floor looks reasonably sound, rear quarters ok, innerwings and battery tray good,roof and gutter rails solid, boot ok,

you lucky man would love a 2 door

old newspapers dated 1986

IF ITS A COPY OF THE SCUM its funny how the " news " in it could be from yesterday , same stories and often the same people even!

If one of the radios is not required and is a gen ford one i could be interested but im looking for a specific one though lol

will take photos of radios you can have them, no good to me

g

will take photos of radios you can have them, no good to me

g

Exellant, thanks very much :shocking:

Are you attending battlesbridge next weekend?

Edited by mk2 addict

ill have trouble getting this started, been sitting with no spark plugs for years.

post-2525-1285585485.jpg