TIB3300

GOT A SPARE £50,000 MK1 LOTUS

Very nice car!

Still, I wonder what the "Lotus police" on the Lotus Cortina Register's forum have to say about this car.

It may just be a case of my sceptical eyes, but methinks those "over axle reinforcing plates" are standard length (as on a standard shell), and not the longer reinforcing plates (which also have less of an arc in them), fitted to Lotus Cortinas to give more clearance to the axle tube on the lowered cars.

And for the money, I hope they will include the original air box for the Webers as well?

Very nice car!

Still, I wonder what the "Lotus police" on the Lotus Cortina Register's forum have to say about this car.

It may just be a case of my sceptical eyes, but methinks those "over axle reinforcing plates" are standard length (as on a standard shell), and not the longer reinforcing plates (which also have less of an arc in them), fitted to Lotus Cortinas to give more clearance to the axle tube on the lowered cars.

And for the money, I hope they will include the original air box for the Webers as well?

Better order up a few more Terrabytes of storage for the server then............. :rolleyes:

Very nice car!

Dont want 2 make you wrong but on the early cars the reinforcing plates or sadles were the same small ones the main reinforing was inside the chassis the longer ones wernt fitted to the pre airflow cars the little hump thats on the bottom was cut down 4 more clearance .

Very nice car!

Dont want 2 make you wrong but on the early cars the reinforcing plates or sadles were the same small ones the main reinforing was inside the chassis the longer ones wernt fitted to the pre airflow cars the little hump thats on the bottom was cut down 4 more clearance .

topman colin you know alot about these mk1 twin-cam deluxes

Tis a beautiful car but top money...

For the money I'd want:-

The correct steering wheel

Airbox to be fitted

The correct washer bottle & brass fitting

The electric washer pump removed

The rad overflow not going through the inner wing

And a radio of the correct period

That is from a quick glance, sure this will inspire comment :sofa:

Airbox to be fitted

come on you twin cam deluxe anoraks im sure you can find some more to add to rods list :D :D

Airbox to be fitted

come on you twin cam deluxe anoraks im sure you can find some more to add to rods list :D :D

Just hung my anorak up Nige....

The little details are easy enough to sort out, but for £50k I’d want a perfect original specification and professional restoration to have been done. If this was a professional restoration, and the details are obviously wrong, it doesn’t give me a lot of confidence that what’s under the paint would be any better.

No mention in the advert regarding provenance of the car, which surely would be shouted out from the rooftop at this sort of money. I’d want a cast iron traceable history and proof that the original car was restored via photographs of the car before and during restoration. Exactly the sort of pictures and evidence that Keith's GBP1C is getting right now...it's the only way to prove that it's a genune restored car, and not a re-shell.

Mark

I would not quote Keith's as a prime example, it was full of filler under the paint now it will have cake crumbs under there!!!

i wouldnt want it full stop faults or not..but does it make mine worth at least 35k and iv got over a thousand pics of resto buyer can have two burnt copies if he/she wants..ya i no mine aint a lotus but its got 2 doors and is genuine and also quite rare

you can ask what you like but what you get might be very different. :unsure:

you can ask what you like but what you get might be very different. :unsure:

correct

i'd keep the electric washer pump

I value seeing where I'm going over originality , but then at £50k or near its probably not going to see the road much :wacko:

A frame brackets on the rear legs are the large ones done by expressed, not the original type and the over axle reninforcments are the correct size, but not cut away at the bottom to clear the axle, like they should be. Could just be that the rear legs had to be replaced, because they crack,as well as rot like an ordinary cortina,(like on mine, but I have the pics to prove it) but could also mean reshell, so the rest of the body needs thorough check too. Leaving the radius arm mounts on the axle, that they modified to A frame, was a bit poor too. Would look much better without them.

Spare wheel mount on the boot floor looks hmmm iffy too (I assume that's what the black thing beside the rear exhaust box is).

Even if it was 100% original and lovely £50,000 is damn dear, if it doesn't have special history (which I am sure they would adverise if it did),so to me it's really damn dear at that price.

Tommy