tc1

help

I dont know where to go on here for some advice. I have bought some parts off a member on here and i paid him using paypal for £46.73 on the 3rd November. Now after many calls and promises still nothing. I spoke to him last week and he told me DHL had collected it and it would be with me in the next couple of days. I asked for the tracking number but he said he didn't have it on him. I rang DHL and they have no record of anything. He wont even answer the phone. Have I been robbed? This site is my only contact point with him. I have bought and sold parts with other members with no trouble at all. Whats the best way to go around this. Can BSC help or would I have to go the legal route. Its a shame that you get people like this. We are all in the same sinking boat. I have also noticed he has other parts for sale and I dont want others to be caught out too.

cheers trev

I dont know where to go on here for some advice. I have bought some parts off a member on here and i paid him using paypal for £46.73 on the 3rd November. Now after many calls and promises still nothing. I spoke to him last week and he told me DHL had collected it and it would be with me in the next couple of days. I asked for the tracking number but he said he didn't have it on him. I rang DHL and they have no record of anything. He wont even answer the phone. Have I been robbed? This site is my only contact point with him. I have bought and sold parts with other members with no trouble at all. Whats the best way to go around this. Can BSC help or would I have to go the legal route. Its a shame that you get people like this. We are all in the same sinking boat. I have also noticed he has other parts for sale and I dont want others to be caught out too.

cheers trev

send him a pm telling him that if you don't receive the goods or your money back within 5 days you'll name and shame him, thus

making it difficult for him to sell to us in the future. but, i'd give him this bit of grace first for him to come good so to speak.

Slightly in his defence if you dont have a tracking number you cant get any info out of DHL they wont search their records by delivery or collection adress - could well be they have the parcel somewhere you will only get a sensible reply from them once you get the tracking number.

Go through paypal resultion centre to sort this one out.

If he cant provide a valid tracking number that paypal accept, then you will get your dosh back.

Then name and shame!

I now only send things recorded delivery which covers my backside if something doesnt arrive.

Edited by 83-GLS

just name him now you have nothing to lose

but what if it is just someone who has mislaid the tracking number and the parcel is sat in a depot awaiting contact?

We often get people emailing and ringing saying they havnt recieved their parcel after 3 weeks only to find its sat at a depot because the driver couldnt find the adress

in my opinion don't be too eager to name and shame as there might be an innocent answer. give him his 5 days to come good.

unfortunately mud sticks and he'll never recover his good name even though he may be entirely innocent.

but what if it is just someone who has mislaid the tracking number and the parcel is sat in a depot awaiting contact?

We often get people emailing and ringing saying they havnt recieved their parcel after 3 weeks only to find its sat at a depot because the driver couldnt find the adress

yeh ive heard them all....its always the carriers fault aint it

the bloke aint answering his phone the stuff aint been sent full stop

3rd november?????

Edited by danb

in my opinion don't be too eager to name and shame as there might be an innocent answer. give him his 5 days to come good.

unfortunately mud sticks and he'll never recover his good name even though he may be entirely innocent.

MY POINT TOO

If no-one has rung DHL with a tracking number to find out where it is - it will sit there for weeks

If the seller has booked delivery through parcel2go or similar they will be able to find the tracking number for it if hes lost it , if he cant find a tracking number at all then hes just going to have to refund the money but these things take time no need to rush into accusations

99.9% of people who regularly use this site are honest and here to help each other , some might be a bit lax in sorting out sending stuff off they have sold but they usually only need a bit of a nudge to get themselves sorted. I think we have only ever had 1 whos intention was to rip off members for whatever he could get and we have hopefully seen the last of HIM!

I work for DHL, if the parcel made it to the buyers depot but didn't get delivered for some reason, it wouldn't sit there for weeks as suggested, it'd be returned to the seller after, I think, 10 days. With the tracking number you can check its progress yourself online.

I work for DHL, if the parcel made it to the buyers depot but didn't get delivered for some reason, it wouldn't sit there for weeks as suggested, it'd be returned to the seller after, I think, 10 days. With the tracking number you can check its progress yourself online.

ok so in theory it would sit at the depot for about 10 days then set off back to its origin

in practice we have had parcels arrive back after several weeks in the system and some just disapear completely , if you happen to spot 3 of these wheels lying about at a depot they are ours disapeared into the DHL system without trace weeks ago

413907246_o.jpg

they were fastened together with black pallet wrap

ok so in theory it would sit at the depot for about 10 days then set off back to its origin

in practice we have had parcels arrive back after several weeks in the system and some just disapear completely , if you happen to spot 3 of these wheels lying about at a depot they are ours disapeared into the DHL system without trace weeks ago

413907246_o.jpg

they were fastened together with black pallet wrap

i saw a set of them the other day.....on a nice yellow dhl van!

i subcontract of ukmail all parcels undeliverd get notified within 4 days then returned after seven days

It might sound obvious...But, Have You sent Him a P.M. ???

Hopefully whoever it is, will see this & get in touch with You about it or chase it up with DHL to find out what has happened !!!

It could be something like, in this weather He (or possibly She...as We DO have Women on here as well :thumbup: ) has had a fall or had to go to help a relative, which is why You can't get an answer on the phone !!!

I hope it gets sorted out for You though...There is nothing more frustrating than ordering something & NOT knowing whether or not Your getting it (if You know there is going to be a delay, at least You know that You will get it eventually & aren't left sitting wondering about it) !!!

I personally would give Him/Her time to respond to You (but keep leaving messages in the mean time) before going through PayPal's Resolution Centre !!!

GOOD LUCK & if You do get the parts in question...Please let us all know that they arrived !!!

Aaron. :cheers:

Hi all, sorry i haven't replied ben ill with man flu!!

just to let you all know that after starting this thread i had a phone call within the hour to say that it was my fault. the address on paypal was wrong which is funny as i have used this for years and always got the items. the parcel was supposed to of been returned to him. he said he would give me a refund but i told him i would prefer the bumper. he said he couldn't be bothered to resend it so sent me a refund instead which i have recieved. i have since found another bumper, using paypal, and guess what it is now on my car!!!!

i just found it really funny that after posting on this forum that he had contacted me asking me to remove this post asap. regarding DHL they did check for any parcels using my postcode and told me there was nothing. perhaps i just spoke to the right person.

i would just like to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year.........even you Slammed!!

cheers trev