CortinaDave

How Many Cortinas are left

This is handy.. you can find out the surving numbers of any given type of Cortina - worth a look

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/

says theres only 246 1600Es, cant see that myself

ok a good test - anyone have a 1.6GL Cortina because it says there are none registered on the road?

Edited by the-ford-cortina.com

A lot of cars in the 60s and 70s just had "ford cortina" in the log book rather than the type due to lazy people at the local licensing offices back in the day - I've had two GXLs that were definitely genuine yet logged as "cortina base" on the v5

Once you click into it it says 246 taxed and 97 on a SORN ...

Edited by CortinaDave

it does show how the numbers OTR are still declining rapidly.figures are a bit mixed up looking ( i suspect "1600GT" covers mk2 and 3 for insatnce

A lot of cars in the 60s and 70s just had "ford cortina" in the log book rather than the type due to lazy people at the local licensing offices back in the day - I've had two GXLs that were definitely genuine yet logged as "cortina base" on the v5

Once you click into it it says 246 taxed and 97 on a SORN ...

yep had Es without it on the v5 and then we have one here thats not taxed or sorned and probably a lot of other people have too

There seem to be 4 types of Crusader as well. Which one does my saloon belong to?

There seem to be 4 types of Crusader as well. Which one does my saloon belong to?

Looks like my Stellar's nearly as exclusive as 2000S Cortinas.

12 2000S Cortinas vs 13 Stellar GXLs - so maybe one day it will be worth something!

my crayford is a 1.6GL, due to the mis-represented logbooks the list is a vague guide at best.

my crayford is a 1.6GL, due to the mis-represented logbooks the list is a vague guide at best.

is it 1.6 GL on the log book?

Prehaps they are broken down into,

Saloon,

Saloon auto,

estate,

estate auto?

Frankie

yes cortina 1.6 GL automatic, body type convertable, & i'm sure there are plenty more.

I wonder how accurate this is ...

I entered Cortina GLS and apparently, there are 11 still registered as of 2010 Q4

3 licenced and 8 off the road which is 1 more than 2010 Q3 :mellow:

I can think of 4 GLS's still in existence:

JAR144Y My Cardinal Red 2.1 GLS (SORN'D)

FKL366Y Dave's Crystal Green 2.0 GLS (My old car)

Y Plate Forest Green GLS (used to be owned by somebody from here whose name escapes me)

PJM865X Crystal Green GLS owned by Tony Constable from Essex, still on the show scene as of 2010

Anybody know of the other 7 ?

As for Cortina LS models, there are 4 registered and only Paul's Titan Blue example springs to mind.

The accuracy of the data is open to debate, and like has been said earlier it would have been down to the how the car was orginally registered at the VRO.

I have a Mark 4 1.6GL (manual) saloon off road since December 1990 - hence pre-sorn.

Off topic I know, but was looking at the stats for Vauxhall VX4/90's (FB, FC and FD) and VX490's (FE) - would like to have one day a Monaco White VX4/90 FD, plus the other cars that storage space and money no object I would like to have!

Rumour has it that the last of the VX490s (FE shape) in 1978 - were also to be fitted with Fuel Injection as well the the 5 speed Getrag gearboxes. As the car would have had superior performance to the new Carlton, GM ordered Vauxhall UK to return the cars to standard, but the Getrag boxes were retained. Apparently some VX490's had VX490 FI on the V5.

Again rumour has it that some cars escaped being modified and were sold to the Garda as patrol cars in an unconverted state. This site lists all variants of the VX4/90 and VX490 including a VX490 FI - so the rumour might be true then!

Failed to find any Broadspeed Turbo Mark 2 Granadas' or Uren Senecas' (tweaked 3.0 V6 Consul / Granada)listed (but I guess that these would have been converted after they were registered), but have a look at how the number of Capri RS3100s have changed over the years!

Edited by Jupiter Red Mark4

I wonder how accurate this is ...

I entered Cortina GLS and apparently, there are 11 still registered as of 2010 Q4

3 licenced and 8 off the road which is 1 more than 2010 Q3 :mellow:

I can think of 4 GLS's still in existence:

JAR144Y My Cardinal Red 2.1 GLS (SORN'D)

FKL366Y Dave's Crystal Green 2.0 GLS (My old car)

Y Plate Forest Green GLS (used to be owned by somebody from here whose name escapes me)

PJM865X Crystal Green GLS owned by Tony Constable from Essex, still on the show scene as of 2010

Anybody know of the other 7 ?

As for Cortina LS models, there are 4 registered and only Paul's Titan Blue example springs to mind.

Tony,

Here are a couple more Mark 5 GLS models (not sure if you know about them):

WYC9W 2.0GLS Saloon

Colour : Dove Grey with Brown Interior - used to belong to a friend of mine who fitted Bilsteins all round, fast road cam, ported and polished head and 38DGAS carb. Car when purchased bought in Somerset and was originally supplied by Whites of Taunton.

First Registered 01/07/2011.

Presently on SORN - due to expire 01/07/11.

DKL276Y 2.0GLS Saloon

Colour : Venus Gold - interior colour unknown.

Car appeared to be immaculate when listed on ebay in May 2004. Looked like also had Recaros fitted and was missing OSR over-rider - great looking car.

First Registered 21/10/82

Tax Liability 01/05/09 - presently unlicenced :tears:

Finally,

NWG439X 2.0GLS Estate

Colour : Diamond White - interior colour unknown.

Car listed on ebay December 2004 - believed then owner a member of this forum. I have seen this car in a fairly recent Classic Ford Magazine at a show I believe was in Scotland.

First Registered 25/09/81

Presently DVLA shows car to be on the road :thumbup:

I'm sure that I have some details of a Corsican blue and a Venetian Red LS saloon and a LS Estate somewhere, I'll see if I can find the details.

There was also a Terracotta 2.0GLS saloon at Symonds Yat this year. My camera batteries and gone flat and so I couldn't take any photos. Surely someone on here took some photos of it or knows the car?

There has also been another 2.0GLS saloon in Terracotta on ebay and listed in other publications and has also been mentioned previously on here.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Edited by Jupiter Red Mark4

The accuracy of the data is open to debate, and like has been said earlier it would have been down to the how the car was orginally registered at the VRO.

I THINK THE DATA ON THIS DATABASE will be from the DVLAs previously published dodgy database so will reflect what the car is registered as , as of 2010 not its original details which often change over time