Nelly

Cortina's to Cortina 2012

Heard about this a few years ago and has been very successful before but now this will be the biggie 50 years of Cortina.

BSC are glad to be involved in spreading the word.

Many thanks to Nelly and the BSC team for this new forum :thumbup:

Plans for the 50th anniversary Cortina's to Cortina are well under way to take place in September 20120. We should have the basics in place within the next day or two, with full details to follow in due course. Watch this space!

Keep the details coming Graham, Im looking at coming but slightly quicker than the main group! :thumbup:

I wouldnt mind some of that if time/funds allow.

Ill be in a Cortina Mk10 though :thumbup:

Ill be in a Cortina Mk10 though :thumbup:

you scared the cortina won't make it? :lol:

Will have to start saving! looking forward to the run already! yes thanks to Nelly & Co. for the forum, will make it easy to keep up with things! :thumbup:

Edited by deltamal

:car: So, thanks to a long session with Mungo yesterday, we have ourselves the dates and a provisional route! :playball: :car:

We will be leaving England on the morning of Saturday 1/9/12 and heading down through France into the Champagne region. We'll have another stop further south in France before heading for Lake Geneva in Switzerland. Then we're going eastwards, first to Lake Como (but not where we've stayed before) where we will meet up with a group for the MkI Cortina and Ford Owners Club. Continuing east sees us go to Verona before getting to Cortina on Friday 7/9/12. We'll be there 2 or 3 nights before starting the return journey, first across Austria on what should be some of the best drivers roads you'll ever find. Then we head for the race tracks, first Hockenhiem, then the Nordschlief (with a chance to drive it) and finally Spa before getting back to England on Saturday 15/9/12.

We have started work on finding suitable hotels so that we can finalise the route and prices very soon, hopefully within the next weeks. We still have a few other ideas we're working on though (suggest keeping Friday 31/8/12 free ;) ) so keep an eye on things here.

For more details or any other questions please use thie thread, or contact us directly at cortinastocortina2012@hotmail.co.uk

:car: :car:

Hi Graham

I am planning to meet up in Cortina, is there going to be a particular day whilst you are there that will be the "official" day so I can aim to be there for that? I am looking to blast down there in two days, stop in hotel night before and join in on the "knees up" and then blast back to the UK!

Hi Graham

I am planning to meet up in Cortina, is there going to be a particular day whilst you are there that will be the "official" day so I can aim to be there for that? I am looking to blast down there in two days, stop in hotel night before and join in on the "knees up" and then blast back to the UK!

NOW THAT SOUNDS A PLAN , maybe we could both meet the main convoy for the last leg in to Cortina?

Hi Graham

Hi Jim, its such early stages in the planning I can't answer you that one at the moment - all I can say is that our current thinking says we'll get to Cortina late morning/early afternoon on Friday September 8th 2012.

Your post there has given me another idea though, another something for us to try and work on. :thumbup:

Hi Graham

Hi Jim, its such early stages in the planning I can't answer you that one at the moment - all I can say is that our current thinking says we'll get to Cortina late morning/early afternoon on Friday September 8th 2012.

Your post there has given me another idea though, another something for us to try and work on. :thumbup:

Hi I have Friday as the 7th not 8th,I am interested in being in Cortina for that weekend, will keep in touch, may do own thing if your final plans are to much for me, my Cortina my not keep up whith the later models,

Derek.

Ooooooops. Sorry about that, yes, you're quite right, that Friday is the 7th :ph34r:

mmmm always wanted to do somthing like this ! .sounds interesting ;)

Hi Graham

Great news too hear something is on the cards. Sounds great. A bit of a drive for us both

from Australia but having done the run in the past it would be cool to do it in 2012.

Look forward to the updates. :thumbup: