Nelly

Cortina's to Cortina 2012

Hi Have been lookihg at the cortina trip is there any progress, I have been looking at somme routes and inquied about hotels, but need 15 people to get the discounted rate, will be at the Cortina national on Sunday if anybody wants a chat abuot it, Derek

Hi Have been lookihg at the cortina trip is there any progress, I have been looking at somme routes and inquied about hotels, but need 15 people to get the discounted rate, will be at the Cortina national on Sunday if anybody wants a chat abuot it, Derek

:o Its all under control

The route is all sorted, hotels have been contacted, route tweaked to suit unavailable hotels etc etc.

As soon as everything is in place we'll be able to pass all the info on to everyone. I'll be at Stratford on Sunday too, comme and find me, I'll be in the red MkII estate on the MkIIOC club stand :thumbup:

As G.O has said we have already looked into a route that will hopefully suit most people. We have changed it from previous trips because if you have done the trip before, you might not want to do the same trip again. We are also aware that it is not only us petrol headed guys that will be on the trip. We have been very busy contacting many hotels at various standards and trying to find a suitable level between comfort and price. I too will be at Stratford-Upon-Avon at the weekend and am more than happy to discuss any requirements or issues you may have concerning the trip. All being well I will be in my silver MK2 Lotus.

A little more of our plans for next year's Cortina's to Cortina trip.

Our aim has been to make it the same but different, but bigger and better than anything thats gone before. As Mungo said above, we have an all new route in place, and hotels have been contacted (some have even replied! :lol: ). We have cut right down on the distance between stops, the idea being to make each day a little less tiring for both driver and car, this does however mean that there are fewer rest days this time around.

We are also to work the booking a bit differently this time, but more of that in due course. So, the route.....

We shall be leaving England on the morning of Saturday 1/9/12, our route will take us southwards through France, first to Riems in the Champagne region. On to Dijon, before heading for Lake Geneva in Switzerland. Then we head eastwards, first to Lake Como in Italy where we will meet up with a group from the MkI Cortina and Ford Owners Club. Continuing east sees us go to Lake Garda before arriving in Cortina on Friday 7/9/12 for 2 or 3 nights.

Our return journey takes us westwards to Davos in Switzerland, and then to Heidleberg in Germany for a visit to the Hockenhiem race track. We move onwards to Nurburg to have the opportunity to drive the Nordschlief, before we go across Belgium via the race track at Spa. We return to England on Saturday 15/9/12.

The cost (including ferries but not petrol or road tolls) is expected to be approximately £2000 for 2 people sharing for B+B. That price compares very well to the £1800+ it cost 4 years ago.

We are still hopeful of arranging something extra for the afternoon before we go, but can't give any details of that at all until certain other things are confirmed - and that won't happen before October now. We'll also be arranging some kind of event in Cortina itself, again, details in due course. One thing is for sure though, its going to be a fantastic trip :D

To register your interest please contact us at cortinastocortina2012@hotmail.co.uk

:thumbup:

Edited by G.O

Hi Graham,sounds OK that but you must advice fuel prices are the same as here now and evening meals at local restaurants as we found out in June are more expensive than here.The last few trips overseas we have taken our time sticking to back roads seeing more of the country side and meeting the locals.Its a good idea to do less miles then you have time to look round the town and find somewhere for a meal later,keep up the good work.Ron. LucySchool098.jpg

Edited by RONV

Some of the places we are to visit...

Montreux

imagesqtbnANd9GcRt50J09yjwT_Hvyd6lUSCLwf3ASX6eZh8US_7W030H2SoqSTF6.jpg

Mennagio, on Lake Como

imagesqtbnANd9GcSNl-s3eTxBD_nE9AmlXvHYHN5FLZWMv7B2R08QLoXIujnzMn4f.jpg

Cortina d'Amprezzo

Cortina-d-Ampezzo.jpg

The reaod heading for Davos

tg-davos-stelvio-road.jpg

hi all im new on here im very intrested in do this run

well welcome on board , please can you post pics of your car in members car section?

Hi all,

I've been a member of BSC for a while now, but I don't post much. I live in Clermont-Ferrand, in the Auvergne region, and I'd love to meet up with people doing the trip around Dijon or further south if possible :) Are you going directly from Dijon to Switzerland?

Cheers,

Clement.

Hi all,

I've been a member of BSC for a while now, but I don't post much. I live in Clermont-Ferrand, in the Auvergne region, and I'd love to meet up with people doing the trip around Dijon or further south if possible :) Are you going directly from Dijon to Switzerland?

Cheers,

Clement.

Hi Clement, would be great to have you on board with us. For details of the basic route see above in post 19, but yes, we will stay one night in Dijon, then next stop Montreux.

Hi all,

Cheers,

Clement.

welcome to the forum! that sounds very interesting as CF is a town with loads of history, and not to forget the famous race track.

unfortunately i have never been there, though i sometimes passed very close but always was in a rush. please show us some pics of your Cortina in the members section! :cheers:

Edited by consul315

It is a beautiful town, and the roads around there are a delight ! I haven't been to the track yet, I guess forty-eight raging horses wouldn't be very entertaining :headscratch:

Hello all,

Having read the above mails I think that I should make you all aware of the Hotel Bodein group in France. I have, by default, stayed at one of their luxury hotels at just 25 Euro's per night for a double room which includes breakfast! The hotels are completely flexible with no reception staff just a machine, which, having taken your money issues you with a code for the bedroom. Your room includes a 2 inch thick foam mattress on an MDF base, a shower/wet room which when used soaks the toilet and toilet paper, this also leads to the soaking of the nylon bedroom carpet which can be a bit off putting to those with a weak disposition. The highlight is of course the free and ready access to French 'ladies of the night' who will offer their services even when your wife is in earshot. Not bad for 25 Euros! What joy........if I had been more free with my money I may have stopped in a Swiss hotel but then I would not have been able to offer such grounded advice to the organisers of Cortina to Cortina 2012.

I'm going so if I can be of anymore help......

Regards

Bruce

Edited by Bruce

Hello,

Further to my last post I can also advise on some interesting hotels in the Lake District should you be driving in that direction.

Regards

B

:lol: Don't worry Bruce, we'll not be staying anywhere quite like that