Sign in to follow this  
G.O

Pics from previous trips

i fancy a bit of this how do we get involved?

PM G.O on here

an email to cortinastocortina2012@hotmail.com would be better :thumbup:

Hi,in 1998 in my MK1 Lotus AHC I had no problems,in 2002 Crayford KRA I had head cracked between valves on No4 cylinder,in 2007 again in KRA I lost all cluch fluid just outside Goriza and drove the rest of the trip home with no clutch,Audrey was panicing all the way home.On my last trip to Angouleme a bolt came out of my air filter and went down my carb,I got the bolt but the washer went into No4 piston this was at the first stop at St Nazaire with 1600miles still to go.I took No4 plug out and pushed my magnet on a stick into the plug hole pulling out two pieces of washer with a small piece missing.I started the engine with the plug out from under the bonnet and gave it a good thrashing,then SorB I put the plug back and started it up again and all seemed OK it must have blown out of the exhaust valve, change underpants.Got back home and wilLucySchool072.jpgl strip down ready for next trip to Laon in May 2012.Ron.

an email to cortinastocortina2012@hotmail.com would be better :thumbup:

arrrggghhhhhh - sorry, thats the wrong email addy :(

should be:

cortinastocortina2012@hotmail.co.uk

Hi,in 1998 in my MK1 Lotus AHC I had no problems,in 2002 Crayford KRA I had head cracked between valves on No4 cylinder,in 2007 again in KRA I lost all cluch fluid just outside Goriza and drove the rest of the trip home with no clutch,Audrey was panicing all the way home.On my last trip to Angouleme a bolt came out of my air filter and went down my carb,I got the bolt but the washer went into No4 piston this was at the first stop at St Nazaire with 1600miles still to go.I took No4 plug out and pushed my magnet on a stick into the plug hole pulling out two pieces of washer with a small piece missing.I started the engine with the plug out from under the bonnet and gave it a good thrashing,then SorB I put the plug back and started it up again and all seemed OK it must have blown out of the exhaust valve, change underpants.

Looks to me like you should stick with taking the Lotus :lol:

A few of my pics

CortinadeAmpiezo037.jpg

CortinadeAmpiezo009.jpg

CortinadeAmpiezo052.jpg

CortinadeAmpiezo048.jpg

CortinadeAmpiezo034.jpg

CortinadeAmpiezo030.jpg

CortinadeAmpiezo062.jpg

CortinadeAmpiezo040.jpg

CortinadeAmpiezo055.jpg

Edited by deltamal

great pics :D I don't suppose you've got any of the silver MkII crayford separately?

Graeme can you give an idea of the costs involved in the trip, obviously based on a trouble free run.

Graeme can you give an idea of the costs involved in the trip, obviously based on a trouble free run.

We're hoping that ferries and hotels will be around about £2000 based on two sharing on a B+B basis. Obviously petrol and other food, also road tolls (to be kept to a minimum) will be extra. Not worked out a mileage for next years route yet, but previous trips have been in the region of 2500ish miles

great pics :D I don't suppose you've got any of the silver MkII crayford separately?

No sorry, mostly group pics of our "convoy" Venice was well worth visiting, I was fortunate as I went with Conrad and his friends who knew Venice well.

Great to see even more pics from this adventure!

I believe C to C 2011 will also give a chance to drive "the green hell", aka the Nordschleife part of the Nurburgring race track in Germany, a fantastic track which is (mostly) open to the public.

With a length of around 20km, a height difference of around 200 meters and 72 bends (including the famous Karusell bend), it's a blast.

A 600bhp V10 Dodge Viper recently set a new lap record for production cars there, 7 minutes and 12 seconds (!?!)

See the fantastic video clip on http://www.vg.no/bil-og-motor/artikkel.php?artid=10039322

(click the arrow to start it, there is a short commercial first).

Edited by MLI

Must have a goat that one! just a bit longer than Silverstone :) would give the coilovers a good workout :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi,in 1998 in my MK1 Lotus AHC I had no problems,in 2002 Crayford KRA I had head cracked between valves on No4 cylinder,in 2007 again in KRA I lost all cluch fluid just outside Goriza and drove the rest of the trip home with no clutch,Audrey was panicing all the way home.On my last trip to Angouleme a bolt came out of my air filter and went down my carb,I got the bolt but the washer went into No4 piston this was at the first stop at St Nazaire with 1600miles still to go.I took No4 plug out and pushed my magnet on a stick into the plug hole pulling out two pieces of washer with a small piece missing.I started the engine with the plug out from under the bonnet and gave it a good thrashing,then SorB I put the plug back and started it up again and all seemed OK it must have blown out of the exhaust valve, change underpants.Got back home and wilLucySchool072.jpgl strip down ready for next trip to Laon in May 2012.Ron.