mpp

Pembrokeshire County Car Run

I took my kit-car on the Pembrokeshire County Car Run this month. Any car can enter but most of the 600 entries for the 100-mile run are 'interesting'... classics, kits, specials. Oh, and Allegros.

Six hundred cars there, filling up the airfield's old runway, ready for the start. Wandering around them I counted:

- Mk4/5: None

- Mk 3: None

- Mk 2: 1

- Mk 1: None

Can there really be so few Cortinas in South Wales? Outnumbered by Allegros by 5-to-1. And by Marinas 3-to-1. Shocking!

In 2012 the rally is on 2nd Sept. It's free to enter. There's an organised food-stop half-way round, though most people just picnic at one of the many impressive coastal viewpoints on the route. For an entry form, email your snail-mail address to pembscountyrun@aol.com . So why not come to Pembs for a long weekend at the end of the school hols, and do the run too?

Cheers,

Ian.

post-1153-025974900 1315983547_thumb.jpg

didn't know anything about it....i would have doubled the mark 2 entries with my 2 door gt.

post it earlier next year, please....

There were 2 MKII's a white one (maybe GT) and a maroon (possibly a 1600E) also a MKI not sure of the model in an unusal dark green it was an early car on an A reg and it was on a Pembrokeshire reg (DE).

If you fancy trying to identify the models or just wanna see some cars heres the youtube links to the cars on the run (the MKI and maroon MKII are on there and I think the white one is):

Parts 1-2

Well, I'm glad to hear that I was wrong, and there were some more Cortinas there.

And I'll try to remember to post a reminder about the event, next summer.

The event is pretty informal. They do issue registrations by post but any car that turns up will get in even if not registered. Starts at 8am at the Haverfordwest Showground.

Entrance is where this arrow points... http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=196110&y=218525&z=120&sv=196110,218525&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=613&ax=196110&ay=218525&lm=0

The start is early. Arrive by 8am if you want chance to look round the cars before the cars leave at about 9am. With around 400 cars it'll take a while to find the Cortina's.