Sign in to follow this  
G.O

October Update

Hi guys

Just thought it was time for a little update on next years C2C trip - not that theres actually much to be reporting on just yet. As you know, we had started contacting hotels but many were coming back to us saying they were already full on the dates we wanted. It didn't take us too long to realise that they thought were were asking about this year rather than next, so we took the decision to postpone that work until we were well past the dates we want. Needless to say, we'll be back on to that job very soon.

There is a fair bit of interest in the trip now that word is getting out in the national press - it looks like we'll be joined en route by a group from Malta! :D Talking of the national press, Classic Ford have agreed to sponsor us in the form of providing the rally plaques for the front the cars. Thanks Simon, really appreciate it :thumbup:

Rumour has it that next years Goodwood Revival will also celebrate 50 years of the Cortina. As a result of dates clashing, we're considering bringing our trip forwards by a day or 2 so that anyone that wants to do both, can. If we do this, it will mean us starting the trip on Thursday 30th or Friday 31st of August. Does you have any thoughts or opinions on this?

Finally (for now at least), if you haven't already officially registered your interest in the trip, could you do so via as soon as you can so that we can get as good an idea of numbers as possible at this stage. It may make a difference with regards to final hotel choices.

The email address to use is - cortinastocortina2012@hotmail.co.uk

Update emails have just been sent to everyone who has registered for the trip at cortinastocortina2012@hotmail.co.uk

If you didn't get the email, it either means I'm really rubbish at computers, or you haven't registered and we don't have your email address (Brett, Steve, Hans, Magnus ;) ). Please do let us know if you didn't get the email but are wanting to come along

Edited by G.O

BTW, we have a couple of interested parties that are looking for a co-driver/navigator for the trip. Do let us know if you might be interested and we can put you in touch.

... bringing our trip forwards by a day or 2 so that anyone that wants to do both, can. If we do this, it will mean us starting the trip on Thursday 30th or Friday 31st of August.

Graham, is it still the 7th to 9th Sept. that are spent at Cortina? :headscratch:

reason i ask is : a friend of mine will take my red MK1 GT there (it´s the 25th wedding anniversary and he wants to take his wife as well,but she has to ask for holiday till end of the year latest).

Graham, is it still the 7th to 9th Sept. that are spent at Cortina? :headscratch:

Hi Hans, if we go a day or two early, then the everyting else would move forwards too. Not sure exactly when we'll have date confirmed, but we will definitely know long before the end of the year :thumbup:

Hi GO my name is alan and I live in Sutton Surrey and ron told me about your trip to Cortina next September and it sounds like a good shindig and i am realy interested in joining you lot if thats ok. Myself and the wife have just booked up for the Laon rally next may so I have the winter to get the car ready.Its a 65 1500 deluxe and i just have to sort out a few nigly things before i can take her out again regards Alan

Hi guys

Just thought it was time for a little update on next years C2C trip - not that theres actually much to be reporting on just yet. As you know, we had started contacting hotels but many were coming back to us saying they were already full on the dates we wanted. It didn't take us too long to realise that they thought were were asking about this year rather than next, so we took the decision to postpone that work until we were well past the dates we want. Needless to say, we'll be back on to that job very soon.

There is a fair bit of interest in the trip now that word is getting out in the national press - it looks like we'll be joined en route by a group from Malta! :D Talking of the national press, Classic Ford have agreed to sponsor us in the form of providing the rally plaques for the front the cars. Thanks Simon, really appreciate it :thumbup:

Rumour has it that next years Goodwood Revival will also celebrate 50 years of the Cortina. As a result of dates clashing, we're considering bringing our trip forwards by a day or 2 so that anyone that wants to do both, can. If we do this, it will mean us starting the trip on Thursday 30th or Friday 31st of August. Does you have any thoughts or opinions on this?

Finally (for now at least), if you haven't already officially registered your interest in the trip, could you do so via as soon as you can so that we can get as good an idea of numbers as possible at this stage. It may make a difference with regards to final hotel choices.

The email address to use is - cortinastocortina2012@hotmail.co.uk

Hi,

Having driven in Italy in August it is not good; the traffic is beyond belief! :-)

Regards

Bruce

Hi Bruce,it was like that in 98,02 and 07 we had to queue for 2 hours in 02 just to pay to get off the motorway at Lido d Jesalo after driving to Modena to see the Museum. Also look at our M5,6,25,and the rest of them its the same all over you either grin and bear it or stay at home,when I ran my own truck it cost me money now it just costs me time.Ron.ps I just sat 1hr today trying to get onto the M60 from the M61.