Sign in to follow this  
V8IAN

V8 Mk 2 cortina 2 door,

I have regrettably, today come to the decision today, due to ill health to sell my pride and joy, I have had it for 10 years now, and been running the V8 in it for all that time, the car is a very good shell, has had arches fitted a few years ago on the back, and a D/S NOS front wing and front panel fitted when I built it, this car runs 12.5s as it turns up, on street tires, no gas, and has run 1.5sec 60 fts

engine is a 3,9 John Eales thickwall lined block, block studded top to bottom, rods HRC, Omega Forged Pistons, reringed and reshelled a couple of years ago, new cam, which is a TWR Group A european touring car mech cam, NASCAR chevy pushrods, KeneBelle roller rockers, vernier timing gear, heads are TVR challenge heads, with TVR inlet manifolds, Jenvy Throttle bodies and Emerald Medk ECU, Remember Steve Greens cortina, it sounds very similar,

Gearbox is the highly rated Toyota Supra 5 speed, virtually unbreakable, custom made quickshift remote, with a STEEL flywheel Malliable Helix clutch assy, which makes it almost unburstable, which means your feet and as safe as they are going to get,

Rear Axle, Toyota Celica Liftback LSD 3,7 gears, Moser shafts on single leaf springs, but 3 bared as well, with panhard rod too. Gaz adjustable shocks,

Front Suspension, Capri front clip, adjustable spring platforns, 2.25 springs, adjustable top mounts, top adjustable shocks, adjusted from under the bonet,

Wheels, Compomotive MLs, 8s and 6s 225,50,15s Toyo 888r and 195,55,15s on the front, toyos heve less than 200 miles on them and the front about 500,

Brakes, Dual master cyl, [bMW] Fronts, 310mm belled discs, with Porsche Bembro callipers, green stuff pads, Moroso electric Line Loc, Rears are sierra singles and Mk3 fiesta discs,

Body Overall Ermine white, 2 door, bodywork overall is very good, a couple of marks no rot that I know of its not been touched since I built it,

Interior, red vinyl, recovered recaros, to match rear seats, rear cage, instruments are Lotus with the 140 speedo, and 7k tack, but I do run a STACK tach on top of the dash with shift light and line loc warning light, on the down side the drivers seat bolster has a few nics in it due so wearing a pair of trousers with a small metal clip on the back of the pocket.

the car will come with EVERY single spare I own, Used but NOS N/S front wing, spare gearbox, spare LSD diff, [i think fits the axle,] lights gauges god knows what else, fiberglass bonnet, and much more,

Spare engine, which is a 4.6 fitted with lighweight forged pistons, bushed rods new shells and gaskets, custom brackets to tidy up the serpentine front end, custom cast alloy 2 piece baffled sump, engine needs balancing, not done as I need the flywheel off the engine in the car,

MOTd and free tax,

I am looking for 8k for a very well known car, featured in Classic ford,

ian 07954180622

CortinaV8_03.jpg

CortinaV8_01.jpg

CortinaV8_02.jpg

PICT0356.jpg

Edited by V8IAN

Very nice :thumbup: :thumbup:

Whats the hammer next to the seat for? :D

I have regrettably, today come to the decision today, due to ill health to sell my pride and joy, I have had it for 10 years now, and been running the V8 in it for all that time, the car is a very good shell, has had arches fitted a few years ago on the back, and a D/S NOS front wing and front panel fitted when I built it, this car runs 12.5s as it turns up, on street tires, no gas, and has run 1.5sec 60 fts

engine is a 3,9 John Eales thickwall lined block, block studded top to bottom, rods HRC, Omega Forged Pistons, reringed and reshelled a couple of years ago, new cam, which is a TWR Group A european touring car mech cam, NASCAR chevy pushrods, KeneBelle roller rockers, vernier timing gear, heads are TVR challenge heads, with TVR inlet manifolds, Jenvy Throttle bodies and Emerald Medk ECU, Remember Steve Greens cortina, it sounds very similar,

Gearbox is the highly rated Toyota Supra 5 speed, virtually unbreakable, custom made quickshift remote, with a STEEL flywheel Malliable Helix clutch assy, which makes it almost unburstable, which means your feet and as safe as they are going to get,

Rear Axle, Toyota Celica Liftback LSD 3,7 gears, Moser shafts on single leaf springs, but 3 bared as well, with panhard rod too. Gaz adjustable shocks,

Front Suspension, Capri front clip, adjustable spring platforns, 2.25 springs, adjustable top mounts, top adjustable shocks, adjusted from under the bonet,

Wheels, Compomotive MLs, 8s and 6s 225,50,15s Toyo 888r and 195,55,15s on the front, toyos heve less than 200 miles on them and the front about 500,

Brakes, Dual master cyl, [bMW] Fronts, 310mm belled discs, with Porsche Bembro callipers, green stuff pads, Moroso electric Line Loc, Rears are sierra singles and Mk3 fiesta discs,

Body Overall Ermine white, 2 door, bodywork overall is very good, a couple of marks no rot that I know of its not been touched since I built it,

Interior, red vinyl, recovered recaros, to match rear seats, rear cage, instruments are Lotus with the 140 speedo, and 7k tack, but I do run a STACK tach on top of the dash with shift light and line loc warning light, on the down side the drivers seat bolster has a few nics in it due so wearing a pair of trousers with a small metal clip on the back of the pocket.

the car will come with EVERY single spare I own, Used but NOS N/S front wing, spare gearbox, spare LSD diff, [i think fits the axle,] lights gauges god knows what else, fiberglass bonnet, and much more,

Spare engine, which is a 4.6 fitted with lighweight forged pistons, bushed rods new shells and gaskets, custom brackets to tidy up the serpentine front end, custom cast alloy 2 piece baffled sump, engine needs balancing, not done as I need the flywheel off the engine in the car,

MOTd and free tax,

I am looking for 8k for a very well known car, featured in Classic ford,

ian 07954180622

CortinaV8_03.jpg

CortinaV8_01.jpg

CortinaV8_02.jpg

PICT0356.jpg

Sorry to hear your selling the motor mate :( Good well sorted car for that money

Good luck

Pete.

P1040553.jpg

P1040679.jpg

P1040556.jpg

swap you for this little van :angel_not: