cortina-city

My Latest - MK3 GXL 71 Model

Pete, I love the latest Vids...absolutely brilliant....even dimming down the illumination when the lights are turned on is just brilliant. It certainly feels like we are all getting to know these cars deeper than paint and retrimming!

Just excellent work and attention to detail :thumbup:

I do enjoy these stereo upgrades, I was gutted when that Ford Blaupunkt radio you bought of me didn't work, That's why I'm interested in seeing how your getting on with it.

I bought a brand new Sanyo radio for mine of gumtree in the end which looks almost identical to the Blaupunkt system.

8021222108_e7f387609c_z.jpg

1970's Sanyo Car Radio by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

then i bought a 6pin lead of ebay which plugs in the rear of the system via the 8 track socket and play my music via my phone through that, I prefer the black faceplates though as chrome looks a bit out of place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h0NhWuSMXk

listened to the vid throo my ear phone's, sounds great pete, looks cool too. :thumbup:

Pete, I love the latest Vids...absolutely brilliant....even dimming down the illumination when the lights are turned on is just brilliant. It certainly feels like we are all getting to know these cars deeper than paint and retrimming!

Just excellent work and attention to detail :thumbup:

I do enjoy these stereo upgrades, I was gutted when that Ford Blaupunkt radio you bought of me didn't work, That's why I'm interested in seeing how your getting on with it.

I bought a brand new Sanyo radio for mine of gumtree in the end which looks almost identical to the Blaupunkt system.

8021222108_e7f387609c_z.jpg

1970's Sanyo Car Radio by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

then i bought a 6pin lead of ebay which plugs in the rear of the system via the 8 track socket and play my music via my phone through that, I prefer the black faceplates though as chrome looks a bit out of place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h0NhWuSMXk

listened to the vid throo my ear phone's, sounds great pete, looks cool too. :thumbup:

boys glad you like it

TBH Pete I thought you would try and keep any mods of the PERIOD lets see ya fit this bad boy behind the dash :showoff:

1625763_589319347804440_2115159639_n_zpsd80d309e.jpg :shocking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Loving these radio modification videos, they are really impressive! I liked the look you get with the LEDs a good mod that dosent look out of place. I would like to modify my Granada radio for USB etc one day...I may have to give you a shout about it mate!

post-3360-029367200 1390950624_thumb.jpg

TBH Pete I thought you would try and keep any mods of the PERIOD lets see ya fit this bad boy behind the dash :showoff:

1625763_589319347804440_2115159639_n_zpsd80d309e.jpg :shocking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Loving these radio modification videos, they are really impressive! I liked the look you get with the LEDs a good mod that dosent look out of place. I would like to modify my Granada radio for USB etc one day...I may have to give you a shout about it mate!

most radios can be converted lads.

Ok exciting things coming soon, watch this space..........

t shirts now available

thanks to wolfrace for this super artwork

post-3360-040154500 1390950762_thumb.jpg

Edited by cortina-city

Top job wolfrace :thumbup: Cracking idea lads

i cant believe this, instead of frankie says, its pete says restore. we will all be walking with these on, new fad.mega love it . :thumbup:

post-3360-029367200 1390950624_thumb.jpg

most radios can be converted lads.

Ok exciting things coming soon, watch this space..........

t shirts now available

thanks to wolfrace for this super artwork

Like it :thumbup:

Mate! That art work is fantastic!!!!!!

That wolf is a clever fella!!

still watching mate !! :thumbup:

this is fab !!!! nice one Rich :thumbup: looks like back to the future meets AC DC B)

fafaa_zps6ad3b24d.jpg

Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!! where you been, I posted you as missing in action, last seen being airdropped over sheffield behind enamy lines..........

Shell has now moved to front of que ready for prep and prime. It could have been sooner but I wanted them to be on it full time, so we are now settign the final gaps and filling all the dented panels, looks like the dippers bashed it about a bit and all the moving around, so its all about getting it smooth now ready for primer. Target for completion is end of March 2014. The paint guys are obcessed with every detail same as me which helps, back door was twisted, i reckon when being transported about, sills had some fork lift dents etc, front valance got caught on the trailer first time it went the dippers, thats why i built the dolly to stop any damage, so if alls well it will be painted in few weeks

post-3360-044740400 1390990103_thumb.jpg

post-3360-030197200 1390990104_thumb.jpg

post-3360-086860200 1390990104_thumb.jpg

Are you going to prime, then leave for a while and see if anything settles? It looks nice and sharp bonnet gap you've photo'd is arrow straight. Dead looking forward to seeing the colour go on this car, as are we all.