cortina-city

My Latest - MK3 GXL 71 Model

COST = WAY WAY OVER MARKET VALUE

INVESTMENT POTENTIAL = ZERO IN FACT MINUS FIGURES

CONCLUSION

MUST BE ONE MAD FRUITCAKE OWNER

It's not about the Money Pete. Few cars are remembered down the line "By Name" Alone.

I can think of a couple of seventies customs Henry Hirise and the Transformation Transit. Movie cars like Chity Chity bang bang and Batmobile. Top Gears electric car "Geoff" and even made up cars like "Darryl Starbird's superfleck moonbird" From American Graffiti and let's not Forget "Christine"

I bet Swampy makes the list. :thumbup:

It's not about the Money Pete. Few cars are remembered down the line "By Name" Alone.

I can think of a couple of seventies customs Henry Hirise and the Transformation Transit. Movie cars like Chity Chity bang bang and Batmobile. Top Gears electric car "Geoff" and even made up cars like "Darryl Starbird's superfleck moonbird" From American Graffiti and let's not Forget "Christine"

I bet Swampy makes the list. :thumbup:

many thanks

for me its the Journey, and its been exhilerating so far..... now the paint is on the way the hardest thing will be findign the last of the hard to get parts. rear tiali light lenses ofr one are proving hard to find, i have a left hand one but need right hand. and that front grill jeeez thats goign to be tricky

may have to send swampy out with just the parts i have.

not much i can do

i have been looking on ebay long enough, no joy yet.

many thanks

for me its the Journey, and its been exhilerating so far..... now the paint is on the way the hardest thing will be findign the last of the hard to get parts. rear tiali light lenses ofr one are proving hard to find, i have a left hand one but need right hand. and that front grill jeeez thats goign to be tricky

may have to send swampy out with just the parts i have.

not much i can do

i have been looking on ebay long enough, no joy yet.

eBay item 221267128359. But wow that price :o Good Grills are rare..... That's an issue I to will need to address in the future but at least I can consider a repair and pass it of as custom :)

Pete if your grill is the aluminium type it can be quite Easley refurbed yourself The aluminium is easy to work with and you can achieve a polished or satin finish with little effort re paint the black & some etch lacquer over the top job done

LIST SHORTENED BY 1.

Pete if your grill is the aluminium type it can be quite Easley refurbed yourself The aluminium is easy to work with and you can achieve a polished or satin finish with little effort re paint the black & some etch lacquer over the top job done

LIST SHORTENED BY 1.

ken ill try , thanks

I agree blue under the arches. The only time I am not sure about this is with a very light car like mine where I'd prefer black or dark grey at least. It's getting so close now, the body shop guys seem to have the right end of the stick for this car, I think the results will be great..

The rubbers on Swampy are for the side chrome strips and being a rare part, the remanufacturers only make the thin insert type. So he has to make his own!!

The rubbers on Swampy are for the side chrome strips and being a rare part, the remanufacturers only make the thin insert type. So he has to make his own!!

:thumbup:

I meant wide trims not side!

rear tail light lenses for one are proving hard to find, i have a left hand one but need right hand.

I'll admit to not knowing a lot about mk3s, but how about this (supposedly NOS?) mk3 RH rear tail light lens?

Not perfect, though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-CORTINA-MK2-TAIL-LIGHT-/161215280329?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25892df4c9&vxp=mtr

I'll admit to not knowing a lot about mk3s, but how about this (supposedly NOS?) mk3 RH rear tail light lens?

Not perfect, though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-CORTINA-MK2-TAIL-LIGHT-/161215280329?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25892df4c9&vxp=mtr

thats for facelift mk3s Magnus , the earlier ones have the screws holdiing the lense on nearer together

Edited by the-ford-cortina.com

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HELPING ME FIND THESE PARTS! I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND HELP :thumbup: :thumbup:

IF TONY TIBBS LEAVES HIS CAR OUT ILL HAVE TO REMOVE HIS GRILL! :thumbup:

Hey guys, do i now paint over the blue with black gravitex? or do i leave the blue? swampy had black over the blue? or do you think that swampy had blue on primer, then they put the underseal over the blue?

reason i ask is when i scraped the underneath of swampy, i scraped off black underseal and under that was saphire blue paint.

i dont mind leaving it blue

i can go either way on this?

or do i just paint the tubs in black?

or is it better with the tubs in blue?

what you lot think

i have the chance now to do any changes

i dont mind any feedback

the body shop are awaiting my final paint instructions

its looking very smooth and flush on the panels etc.

i am going to put dinitrol in all the chassis and doors etc

heres my job list:

BUY DINITROL

ARRANGE VINYL ROOF

ARRANGE HEADLINING

FIND A WAY TO MITRE THE NEW 'ON THE ROLL' SCREEN RUBBER?

FIT FLOOR BUNGS (THANKS PAUL)

FINISH SEAM SEALER

APPLY THE ROYAL BLUE TO DASH TOP AND A PILLARS INNERS

FIND A NEW FRONT GRILL OR RESTORE MY OLD ONE

FINISH THE HEADLAMPS (NEED A DIPPED HALOGEN GLASS WITH GOOD WHITE HALOGEN LETTERS BOWL CONDITION UNIMPORTANT)

BUY THE DYNAMAT FOR FLOOR BULKHEAD PARCEL SHELF AND ROOF

REUPHOLSTER THE SEATS WHEN THE BASKETWEAVE IN MARQUIS BLUE ARRIVES FROM USA

BUY THE NEW DOOR RUBBERS, VINYLCOTE TRIM EDGE IN ROYAL BLUE

CERMAIC COAT EXHAUST MANIFOULD

RECHROME OR REPAINT DASH POD SURROUND

BUY THE DUAL COIL CENTRE SPEAKER

FIT THE IN ROOF TWEETERS

FIT THE CABLE FOR SAT NAV

FIT THE MICROPHONE FOR HANDS FREE BLUETOOTH

BUY THE RIGHT REAR ARCH TRIM

FIND A DUAL HORN SET UP MOTORCRAFT IF POSS OR AN AFTERMARKET HORN TYPE 2 TONE

GET THE LOG BOOK OF PREV OWNER

REGISTER THE CAR

BUY THE SYNDM SIDE GLASS AND REAR (THANKS BRIAN IF STILL AVAIL?)

FINS A NOS REAR TAIL LIGHT RIGH HAND SIDE COVER, ANYONE?

ENGINE=DONE, REBUILT INCLUDING ALL ANCILLERIES AND ELECTRONIC IGNITION

SUSPENSION=DONE, LOWERED 1" AND SPAX, GAZ ON REAR

BRAKES=DONE, ALL NOS

AXLE=DONE, REBUILT

WIRING=DONE

DASH=DONE

STEERING COLOUMN AND LOCK = REFURB DONE

GEARBOX=DONE

CARPET=DONE (light blue NOS gen ford)

SERVO=DONE

PEDAL BOX=DONE

HEATERBOX=DONE