cortina-city

My Latest - MK3 GXL 71 Model

You need some of these pete flat mount and just sticky pad on , the sound is quality

017.jpg

003-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

just bought these from ebay to match , thing is they are a touch RARE tho

_121.jpg

not even an inch thick :thumbup:

Pete if your grill is the aluminium type it can be quite Easley refurbed yourself The aluminium is easy to work with and you can achieve a polished or satin finish with little effort re paint the black & some etch lacquer over the top job done

LIST SHORTENED BY 1.

When I tried to polish out some blemishes on my old grill i found that the alloy has a silver coating. I ended up buying another grill that turned out to be just as bad.

There was a new old stock grill on ebay about 4 years ago. It sold for loads of money.

Rarity ads value as they say.

When I tried to polish out some blemishes on my old grill i found that the alloy has a silver coating. I ended up buying another grill that turned out to be just as bad.

There was a new old stock grill on ebay about 4 years ago. It sold for loads of money.

Rarity ads value as they say.

IF its aluminium/alloy it can be polished to a bright finish, a bit like bodywork on a car start of with slightly heaver emery paper going to wet and dry the onto polish like G3, like anything it takes time but you can still achieve a nice finish, :thumbup:

IF its aluminium/alloy it can be polished to a bright finish, a bit like bodywork on a car start of with slightly heaver emery paper going to wet and dry the onto polish like G3, like anything it takes time but you can still achieve a nice finish, :thumbup:

I'll give that a go.

Thanks

Graham

I'll give that a go.

Thanks

Graham

Yes could make a few quid for a part that's lying in the garage if you get it to a nice standard (which shouldn't be that difficult :thumbup:

Ken, i saw this one, but this item is a high beam unit, i need a dipped beam unit, ill prob go for the oldpartstore one but is a shame to break a good lihgt just for the glass, would have preferred to find good glass with poor reflector and break that one.

i noticed that ALL the reflectors on any USED cortina light are faded and burned especially in the area around the lamp. so there are a lot of cars out there which will have prob 1/3 rd less power in the lights, of course brand new one would be fine as they dont age, its just the actual use and heat which makes them wear out over time.

last pt of the wiring videos.

thats it.

the wiring is done.

Nice detail as usual Pete, its coming along well.... :thumbup:

Nice job with the gauge and the wiring, definitely an enhancement to Fords design like everything else.

Those flat speakers of Paul's look good, I've made some little cabinets from MDF that I have under the front seats which house fairly powerful speakers, they sound alright but I only did this because I didn't want to wreck the door cards by cutting into them. I'm very interested to see what sort of solution you come up with for the front speakers, I couldn't even work out where the one in the dash would mount.

thanks Jim

Richard, i am buying an upgraded retro fit dual coil centre speaker and ill also look into pauls idea. on my green gxl i have 2 4" speakers fitted in dash and the sound good. i also have 2 tweeters in the headling, most likely ill do the same. if you use the centre dash speaker you get a real good sound bouncing from the screen back at you and i like that. i dont really need speakers on the door area, or stereo surround as the stereo effect is ceated by the tweeters, that said the sets i use are mono anyway, centre speaker sound ...'sounds' right for the period and its the bouncing off the windscreen effect i like, it fills the frotn with sound. the speaker has to be good though, thats why i like the dual coil system thats available

http://www.classiccarstereo.co.uk/classic-car-speakers/retrosound-classic-speakers/retrosound-4-x-8.html

ps rich, can you send the link for the swamoy t shirt logo, im ready ready ready for the t shirts, :thumbup:

great work pete..very much enjoyed seeing the dash come together ... very cool .... oooooow....bodywork next..... :icecream: