cortina-city

My Latest - MK3 GXL 71 Model

I've seen a variety of in car audio installs on classics on YouTube but yours is definitely the best in terms of the way it performs and for retaining the authentic design/features. Well done! Tick, gold star. :)

just watched the demo, pure genious :magic:

Now get the thinking cap on Pete and work out how to do the conversion on a digital version.

Is there no way you could get relays to control/replace the action of the micro switches.

Ideas on paper please

Just when you get a spare minute (so I'm guessing May time) 👍

And I heard a cheeky little number from George Michael in there 👍🍺

Like it a lot fantastic mix of old and new. :thumbup:

I also like the Chrome surround, I think the contrast is good on the dash. Are you keeping this surround or going back to black?

Brilliant as always Pete, I am amazed at what you have achieved there...if I knew that was possible I would have done the GT different!

Nice one :thumbup:

Now get the thinking cap on Pete and work out how to do the conversion on a digital version.

Is there no way you could get relays to control/replace the action of the micro switches.

Ideas on paper please

Just when you get a spare minute (so I'm guessing May time) 👍

And I heard a cheeky little number from George Michael in there 👍🍺

investigated the digital radio and i can do the ford digital radio yes. in terms of an i phone lead thats easy, using the scan buttons to control tracks can be done, i would not know th elenght of time it would take i would guess a day or so. would depend on what you want it to do, wether i have spare time is the million dollar, after may it will prob be my busiest time! as its show time every weekend

Brilliant as always Pete, I am amazed at what you have achieved there...if I knew that was possible I would have done the GT different!

Nice one :thumbup:

well you wqanted the vid jim, if no one had shown an interest i deffo would not have made that last one, so thanks guys

Like it a lot fantastic mix of old and new. :thumbup:

I also like the Chrome surround, I think the contrast is good on the dash. Are you keeping this surround or going back to black?

mark, thanks, keeping the chrome i like it too

I've seen a variety of in car audio installs on classics on YouTube but yours is definitely the best in terms of the way it performs and for retaining the authentic design/features. Well done! Tick, gold star. :)

just watched the demo, pure genious :magic:

thanking you!!

Very cleve Pete :thumbup:

Very cleve Pete :thumbup:

thanks Ady!

ok well car is getting close to the paint job, maybe a few weeks or so. got the paint etc. still prepping, lots to do with final little touches etc. Upgraded my fuel tank gauge to have a low warnign lamp, its something i always wanted to do. its duel brightness, bright for daytime, dim for nightime so it does not dazzle. light comes on when gauge hits the reserve/red area. took a lot of thinking this one. i tried many different ways and ended up with a very simple contact breaker solution using the guages excisting bi-metallic strip and a contact salvaged from an old relay, some resistors and some solder and glue and i was there. also built a 'dim' module to drop power when side lamps on. it even self tests the led when first powered up though that was an accident!

the capris you see are the 2 colours mu gxls will be

post-3360-049570800 1391552457_thumb.jpg

post-3360-024854300 1391552458_thumb.jpg

post-3360-091977100 1391552458_thumb.jpg

post-3360-060373800 1391552459_thumb.jpg

post-3360-026800600 1391552460_thumb.jpg

post-3360-087482200 1391552460_thumb.jpg

post-3360-041547200 1391552461_thumb.jpg

gauge pics. good thing is it will remove and go back to standard real easy if required.

post-3360-064950800 1391552513_thumb.jpg

post-3360-043677000 1391552514_thumb.jpg

post-3360-029139500 1391552515_thumb.jpg

post-3360-098627200 1391552515_thumb.jpg

post-3360-071624300 1391552516_thumb.jpg

post-3360-038069700 1391552517_thumb.jpg

gauge pics. good thing is it will remove and go back to standard real easy if required.

Sometimes its the simple things that makes the difference, nice detail Pete :thumbup: Love the colour pal... :rolleyes:

Hi very interesting this warning light petrol gauge, Won't it restrict the needle amplitude?