Sign in to follow this  
conairmike

My Mk3 2.3

a big :thumbup:

Nice one, looks goes and sounds great! :thumbup:

Good job! Now come fit me a 2.1!

Nice one Mike you have been a busy bee.

Cheers All, really apreciated, we all worked hard on this both rebuilding it and fitting and i'm well chuffed with the out, taken her out a few times for a run and she pulls and drives so nice, well chuffed, got a good base for future workings as well if i decide to as well.

Once again cheers for all the nice comments :thumbup:

Great work mike, good to see the engine test went well, class ols school rebuild on the drive!

cant thank enough for you sending me those door card wood trim pieces they look great. thanks again. hope to meet at some point.

great work

Pete

Great stuff Mike that`s a find pair of beauty`s you have there :thumbup:

Cheers

Adrian

That was an epic day swapping the engine over. We need to go for a proper drive in the mk3 some time. Great pics by the way, I'm looking awesome in most of them...

Great work mike, good to see the engine test went well, class ols school rebuild on the drive!

cant thank enough for you sending me those door card wood trim pieces they look great. thanks again. hope to meet at some point.

great work

Pete

Cheers Dude, all about the old school me lol, Dude i was just glad i could help, feels awesome to have supplied some parts for the lengend that is swampey :D I plan to be at Cortina day next year and you and swampy are first on my list bud :thumbup:

Great stuff Mike that`s a find pair of beauty`s you have there :thumbup:

Cheers

Adrian

Cheers Dude :cheers:

That was an epic day swapping the engine over. We need to go for a proper drive in the mk3 some time. Great pics by the way, I'm looking awesome in most of them...

It was dude, full day cruise to nowhere in particular is on the cards i think dude, brimmed tank to empty just cruiseing :D

• Upvote 1

Update time,

Since i did the egine swap i had been using a mate's air filter, well my birthday came, some money was given and a k&n purchased and fitted :)

2014-09-24175354.jpg

2014-09-24180342-1.jpg

2014-09-24183148-1.jpg

2014-09-24184413.jpg

After years of service, being bodged and adjusted enough had become enough, it was time to get rid of the old exhaust system and a get a new one but instead of getting another hooky fit ashley i went custom stainless, i went a month or 2 back with my bud carl to get one done on his orion and was really impressed with the work and service i booked myself in, it was'nt cheap but i think the benifits of it make it worth and it looks and sounds awesome, enough waffle here are some pics :)

2014-10-25085336.jpg

2014-10-25085342.jpg

2014-10-25085357.jpg

2014-10-25085403.jpg

2014-10-25092944.jpg

2014-10-25102056.jpg

2014-10-25113857.jpg

2014-10-25132349.jpg

2014-10-25140549.jpg

2014-10-25140559.jpg

2014-10-25141305.jpg

2014-10-25141322.jpg

Cheers For Following :)

• Upvote 1

love the exhaust mike, i bet it sounds nice too :thumbup:

Very nice tailpipe :thumbup:

I don't suppose you want to sell your old air filter box? :thumbup:

I really like the slash cut tailpipe. I bet it sounds great too, great present to get yourself man, money well spent!

Nice system did you get the manifold made in stainless as well?

love the exhaust mike, i bet it sounds nice too :thumbup:

Cheers Dude, i think it dose, similar to the ashley but a little deeper

Very nice tailpipe :thumbup:

Cheers, there was a few choices but this straight away just looked spot on.

I don't suppose you want to sell your old air filter box? :thumbup:

Sorry dude but it was'nt mine, it belonged to a mate who lent it to me after the engine swap.

I really like the slash cut tailpipe. I bet it sounds great too, great present to get yourself man, money well spent!

Cheers dude, sometimes it good to treat yourself lol :thumbup:

Nice system did you get the manifold made in stainless as well?

Cheers, the manifold was already a 4-2-1 ashley so left that alone

Cheers for all the positive comments guys :thumbup:

Jesus been ages since i updated this, well there's definatley stuff to update but for now i'm just gonna leave this here

IMAG2001.jpg

Hmmm . Interesting :thumbup:

Right then so update, i'll do this in stages as its easier and less time consuming than one whole post, plus i might actually remember what we did lol

So i left this just after i had the exhaust made, not much else happened after that except to keep on driving it and finish running in the freshly rebuilt pinto, tax ran out at the end of December and with tax exemption pending in april i wasn't gonna re tax till then so 4 months in hibernation, 1st time in 5/6 years, so finally a chance to do all those little jobs yeah, well in practicality yes but in reality i'm not wired that way.

Basicley this is all my buds carls fault, if it wasn't for him and his orion i would still think I4 2.0/2.3 and 8v lumps were poo but no his rs2k orion and now 2.3 hybrid which we built gave a different view on the old lump and so the seed was sawn to build my own, seeing Steve taylors didn't help either lol

This conversion was always in the planning and i'd been researching it for ages but it wasn't suppose to happen for at least another year then i guess i got impatient, plus a friend had an 8V dohc lump with some of the main parts i needed and he wanted it gone so things just kind of fell into place and we started the project.

So one sunday the wife and the Bubba where dropped off so the wheelie bin engineering wags could gossip and shop lol and we went to my mates unit and collected the 1st puzzle piece

Car loaded, Engine cranes and buggeys

2014-12-14094712.jpg

Wagon prepped for the engine

2014-12-14114326.jpg

2014-12-14114330.jpg

Loaded

2014-12-14123117.jpg

Obligatory goon pic of Jono AKA Cortinaboy lol

2014-12-14114334.jpg

And unloaded

2014-12-14133933.jpg

Then came the strip down of the key bits we needed from this engine, Sump, bottom pully and cover, oil pump chain.

2014-12-18194953.jpg

2014-12-18195112.jpg

2014-12-18201020.jpg

2014-12-20114241.jpg

And that ends part 1

Next onto the build and modification of the 2.3

Cheers for following

Mike