Sign in to follow this  
conairmike

My Mk3 2.3

Well done Mike! Looks like it goes well too.

Cheers dude, considering it is'nt in anyway set up it drove ok but that was just end of road back lol

Looking good bud. IT will be driving down the road soon ....To help me with the mk5 ;-)

Think soon it'll now it way to you without me lol

Great Welds, top pics and thread. Cheers. :thumbup:

Cheers Mr Macca, i can't take credit for the welds myself but i'm propper happy with the work done there :)

Right the cars booked in Monday for the Rollers to be tuned and dialled in and then MOT tuesday/wednesday :)

Nice progress.

What ECU are you using? That looked like "Tuner Studio" on your laptop, which is what I use for MegaSquirt.

Nice progress.

What ECU are you using? That looked like "Tuner Studio" on your laptop, which is what I use for MegaSquirt.

Thanks :) team effort, I'm using microsquirt v3 which I think is like the baby megasquirt and yeah it is tuner studio fairly easy to use really once you understand what's what which we're still kinda doing lol

Well update time

Last up was the car was ready for the rollers and mot but i had missed my deadline of cortina day :( i did however make it along with my buds and had a cracking time and met some great peeps and look forward to next year.

So monday after the sunday show and 8am loaded and off to the rollers she goes

13388913_10205790997566498_259158657_o_zpsqyyhqj8i.jpg

And at about 4pm a picture messaged sent with the title is this good enough? Errrr yeah think i'll take that thank you very much :)

13410366_1160011110730032_2037465862_o.jpg

192 and 205 ft ibs thats a 28bhp increase over the carb and old ecu, Nice.

so time to run it back through country lanes on a hot sunny afternoon, that was soooooo hard lol, It drove so nice and i barely touch the throttle to get it going, sounds the ducks guts absolutely wicked.

I dropped it off at work ready for MOT the following morning which it flew through :)

IMAG3258.jpg

So we're leagal again now its time to refit the wheels and wash and polish and start having some fune seeing what this new set up can do :)

Cheers for following

Mike

Are you bringing it to Mk3 Nats on 24th 25th 26th June

Nice dyno run

Are you bringing it to Mk3 Nats on 24th 25th 26th June

Nice dyno run

Possibly just the Sunday dude see how it goes, be a good excuse to get some miles on

Nice dyno results. How does it feel - quick obviously, but is it about right? too much? I'm interested as your dyno results are about what my car will have with the Volvo T5.

Possibly just the Sunday dude see how it goes, be a good excuse to get some miles on

That be good i can have a look round the conversion

Great news so what's the present spec with these results?

Cheers guy's,

Danish it's hard to explain really but it doesn't take a lot of effort to get it going, it's such a torquey engine you slightly press the throttle and it's shifting you stamp it and it's spinning and off, it cruise very nicely very smoothly.

Defo Mr monkey, it's not pretty as it's still in all shakedown and trial and there is things now it works I would like to try differently which I'll have get to in time.

Craig the current specs are 2.3 galaxy with the balance shafts removed, rs2000 cams, vi system inlet manifold with twin 50 mm throttle bodies, standard injectors and microsquirt ecu

It's a nice set up Mike and I guess a big improvement over the pinto in terms of power. Does it plant you in your seat when you boot it? When I drove Buzzards turbo pinto and joes when it still had the 3.5 in it they both pulled with no effort really, like you say just cruise nicely, you can't feel the weight of the car being taken up by the engine. Tbh the 2.0 I have in mine was like that over the 1.3, a bit step up especially on hills but even the 1300 drove nice. It'd be interesting to see a vid of yours man, when you get a chance. :)

It's a nice set up Mike and I guess a big improvement over the pinto in terms of power. Does it plant you in your seat when you boot it? When I drove Buzzards turbo pinto and joes when it still had the 3.5 in it they both pulled with no effort really, like you say just cruise nicely, you can't feel the weight of the car being taken up by the engine. Tbh the 2.0 I have in mine was like that over the 1.3, a bit step up especially on hills but even the 1300 drove nice. It'd be interesting to see a vid of yours man, when you get a chance. :)

Cheers dude, yeah it is a far improvement over the pinto, it dose push you back in your seat when you give it some, for an engine that's always kinda had a bad press it's very good all around, nice cruiser and good power and even better power with not a lot of work really, ok I made mine a little harder with the independent ecu set up but I know of a car running std ecu and 2.0 head on 2.3 block doing over 200bhp, I've never experienced a 1300 in a mk3 but I can imagine it must struggle a little, I'll see what I can reference a vid but I will post one when I get the chance :)

Well update time

i left you all last time with a great dyno result and mot so what happended since well i kinda broke it, or it broke or a bit of both, i thought i had broken it when actually i had'nt but had a couple week wait while the pro came around to say i had'nt broken it lost yet lol simply i thought i had lost the map while adjusting something and the car was stuttering and not running right so i while waiting for Steve to pop around and reflash the ecu i missed the mk3 nationals and the fastest cortina event gutted completely, even more so when it turned out it was'nt the ecu and i had'nt broken it but i had a fuel pressure issue which i dismissed originally even though i looked at because i was convinced it was because of me playing with the ecu at the time, so after 30 mins of replaceing the old fuel filter and pressure reg all was well again and i smelt of vpower, hmmmmmmm vpower lol well a week later and me a bud who genorusly popped over and became wing man i took it for a shakedown and dude i looooooovvvvvee having it back and it drives awesome, here are some pics please excuse the wheels

DSC_0018_zpsr0xwwpvv.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsc1cd5opt.jpg

DSC_0021_zpsfzrkoqbv.jpg

DSC_0024_zpsztugmly5.jpg

DSC_0026_zpskfqcl42n.jpg

After we had been for a run my Bud took me out in his 2.3 ghia mk5, its a rare manual as well, such an awesome car, i've known him a few years and his had the car a long while but this is the first time i've ridden in it and i loved it, heres some pics

DSC_0027_zpsspavuden.jpg

DSC_0029_zpscqm5x7t9.jpg

Dude my wingman managed to get a coupke of videos of our cruise, excuse the wind noise you can still kinda hear the engine note in places, hope you like

cheers for following

Mike

Great vids Mike, looks like it picks up really well. Nice roads to drive on too.