Duke Blues

my 2XL resto.

Graham

That is going to look great thank you for posting the pictures.

Will you be getting back in time for Christmas?

Pete

Fab G :thumbup:

20141223_114840_zpsbicg5wiz.jpg

I'm feeling just about as exited as you must have felt just a short while ago Mr tibbs.

Graham

That is going to look great thank you for posting the pictures.

Will you be getting back in time for Christmas?

Pete

I was supposed to have had the car back around the end of October.

But it's going to be around mid January before i get the car back.

It gives me a little while longer to get the money together.

Having the sunroof filled in and having the engine bay repainted has added to the cost.

This will delay having the vinyl roof and headlining fitted.

More to work for,

more to save up for.

That's Great news Graham it looks like they will do a good job, though I think you are optimistic in expecting it done in a month, as things never quite go as planned with body shops.

Pete-H

Just reading back and found this.

Looks like you were right pete.

More than a little optimistic. ... :)

when they paint your car G you must try and be there and take some pikkis ,I will remember this day forever :)

100_0807.jpg

100_0836.jpg

Looks good. Must be exciting getting the paint done. Will be a nice late Christmas present to yourself.

when they paint your car G you must try and be there and take some pikkis ,I will remember this day forever :)

100_0807.jpg

100_0836.jpg

Cheers Tibbs,

I would really like to be there but i am likely to be back at work by then.

100_0807.jpg

100_0836.jpg

...........fantastic, lovely colour to !!!!!!

Edited by chris mk3

Looks good. Must be exciting getting the paint done. Will be a nice late Christmas present to yourself.

After all the time that i have spent on the car it is a great milestone. It will be good to see the car painted and i am looking forward to putting the car back together. The car has been off the road for too long so i can't wait to get it back on the road.

It's looking good. Primer in all the same colour always feels like a big step forward!

Ahh, one day I shall be at this point, though I'd likely paint mine myself due to cost D:

It's looking good. Primer in all the same colour always feels like a big step forward!

You keep on telling yourself that the car will look good once it's painted.

Week after week, month after month,

on and on you go.

The list of jobs seems never ending.

Then one day you finally reach the point when the car can be painted.

Just seeing the car in primer was good.

Just like those other cars that i have seen on this forum.

When i looked with envious eyes at someone else's car with a shiny new coat of paint.

But this time it's my car and it feels bloody good.

Almost there now.

More pictures coming soon :)

Ahh, one day I shall be at this point, though I'd likely paint mine myself due to cost D:

I wanted to paint my own car but work has kept me busy so my goal seemed always out of reach.

So i thought bugger this for a lark,

and booked it in for a paint job.

Well I've got an engine and running gear and a shed load of efi wiring to do/swap over on mine. Then the engines out may as well do the bay. Need efi tank and return lines so may as well strip all that off.. brake lines.. rebush.. rebuild clip.. and so it spirals.

Realistically I need to build a workshop to do it as I'm fed up rolling around on soil and it's not really safe jacking a car up when the axle stands disappear into the ground.. Pretty scary when you're under the car..

First job for me is to dig out a few tons of soil and start the footings, as I discovered the other month house needs re-roofing too :( Likelihood of getting my car done anytime soon is not looking too promising :(

Saying that I reckon best thing to do is just take them off the road for as long as it takes to do it properly, like most of you guys have done. You look at a thread like this and you think, it can be done if you're patient.

I'll probably just get a runabout while I'm doing mine. As it is, it's going nicely enough with the 1300 at the mo, got me around christmas shopping yesterday, so I cant complain :)

Edited by wolfrace