Sign in to follow this  
G.O

Great News!

I've just got off the phone to Ford and have confirmed our visit to the Heritage Collection at Dagenham on the afternoon of Friday 31/8/12 for "around 20-25" Cortinas. They are very happy to be supporting our trip and will be making arrangents for some press coverage too.

In other news we have made some good progress towards filling in some of the gaps on the booking list and hope to get an updated list out to everyone sometime this week.

I wish I were there with you sharing the meeting and those fantastic cars. A dream!

Please, take some pictures! :rolleyes:

Excellent news! well done that man! :thumbup:

I wish I were there with you sharing the meeting and those fantastic cars. A dream!

Please, take some pictures! :rolleyes:

there are a couple of the guys are looking for co-drivers/navigators if you can get here Ale ;)

and don't worry about pics, I'm sure there will be many posted up on here when the time comes :thumbup:

Excellent news! well done that man! :thumbup:

Thanks Mal :D I managed to spend around 4 hours on the trip, researching hotels and emailing those that looked OK. Must have checked out 30+ hotels, emailed nearly 20, and have got back just 5 replies - all of which have turned us down (either fully booked or our group is too big for the number of rooms they have available).

One response was rather interesting though....

Dear Sirs,

we are a very small hotel and we don't dispose of so many rooms, but if you are interesting we have a nice location on the lake to show the old car-for a meeting

needless to say we're following this up....

Edited by G.O

Anyone on the C2C trip interested in meeting up at the Ace Cafe before heading over the the Heritage Collection on Friday August 31st?

Anyone on the C2C trip interested in meeting up at the Ace Cafe before heading over the the Heritage Collection on Friday August 31st?

Hi Graham, would love to but with a bit of luck we should be in Monte Corlo on that day,we will see you all in Cortina dAmpezzo if the car is still running.Ron.