John Mack

My Mk5 2.0 Ghia in white.

Kilen springs, been looking to replace the front springs as I think it’s sitting just a wee bit too low.

DBEACEB1-27E1-44E2-8DE0-D77C64798B36.jpeg

Maybe just slightly higher than I’d like........

2FCF2D91-EB30-471A-9411-D4C27211DDDB.jpeg

Lol got love these people there's a huge difference in weight between a 1.3 ohv & a 2.3 V6 cologne yet they sell one spring to cover the lot!

Is there any wonder people have so much trouble finding springs to get the correct ride height.

I think it's how it is these days when you buy aftermarket stuff from aftermarket manufacturers. One size fits all. 

Also consider the huge range of different spring rates offered by the car manufacturers (hence colour codes) for the different specs of car and it's possible useage. 

Our kid wants GTTDI springs for his otherwise boggo VW Bora diesel because they are 30mm lower as standard. So it's off to VW he goes (with big pockets) because the aftermarket springs fits them all. 

Cortinas only really differed by engine weight for spring rates with std or hd on the front.

Don't get me wrong, I'd checked their website and knew there was only one listed. After having Burton springs on the front and then refitting (presumably) originals, I wanted some sort of increase in height on the front. It was perhaps a gamble but I'm happy......and the exhaust doesn't ground the speed bumps on the driveway! 

Just ordered ARB bushes, these were in worse shape than they looked.

:thumbsup:

On 8/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, John Mack said:

Maybe just slightly higher than I’d like........

2FCF2D91-EB30-471A-9411-D4C27211DDDB.jpeg

HI John,

Got to agree with you looks to be sitting a Tad high. I have just been and measured mine, It s 322mm from the very low inside edge of the wheel arch to the centre of the Wheel Centre cap. I have Burton springs fitted but can't remember for certain but I think they are Std Height. If you remember I had at least 2 goes to get the front end to look right. Have you got a fresh MOT yet or is it work in progress?

Bear in mind I have -1" on the rear.*

I seam to remember you telling me the height before and so I measured mine and it was higher !!............and I thought mine was low?!

Got an MOT :thumbsup:

* I've always kind of liked my Fords lower at the rear ?

Edited by John Mack

2 hours ago, John Mack said:

* I've always kind of liked my Fords lower at the rear ?

Nope!!!

PIC7.jpg

7 hours ago, martog said:

Nope!!!

PIC7.jpg

Although it's not moving, it looks like it's braking!!  Lower at the back it looks as if it's accelerating ............well that's how my mind works. :smile:

20 hours ago, Steve Walton said:

HI John,

Got to agree with you looks to be sitting a Tad high. I have just been and measured mine, It s 322mm from the very low inside edge of the wheel arch to the centre of the Wheel Centre cap. I have Burton springs fitted but can't remember for certain but I think they are Std Height. If you remember I had at least 2 goes to get the front end to look right. Have you got a fresh MOT yet or is it work in progress?

John,

I remember my Front springs are Std Height. I put the -1" Burton Springs on Ebay and when they sold I thought Mmm Good Luck with them.

The new MOT is good news  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

On 8/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, Steve Walton said:

John,

I remember my Front springs are Std Height. I put the -1" Burton Springs on Ebay and when they sold I thought Mmm Good Luck with them.

The new MOT is good news  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Measured as you said, mine is 360.

The perspective in last picture maybe exaggerated it a bit!

FA63F4E4-0AE2-4FCE-B354-DD474BAC5D7F.jpeg

• Like 1

Fitted ARB poly bushes today, old ones goosed!

1 hour ago, John Mack said:

Measured as you said, mine is 360.

The perspective in last picture maybe exaggerated it a bit!

looks simply perfect to me!!!