John Mack

My Mk5 2.0 Ghia in white.

2 hours ago, John Mack said:

Measured as you said, mine is 360.

The perspective in last picture maybe exaggerated it a bit!

FA63F4E4-0AE2-4FCE-B354-DD474BAC5D7F.jpeg

What can you say to a man with a bigger measurement than you??

• Like 1

Decided to take a wee run north today and meet up with the Scottish Capri Club who were having a get together just outside Aboyne.

Nice run up although took a wee bit longer due to coffee and pee stops!

58790AC8-C1AF-4527-85A4-0FE257F03F1F.jpeg

61840C5D-D8F3-4158-A7E9-2CE15C4056AF.jpeg

Looked like a good day out John, Cany hike from your place I would have thought. Have you been geting another 4 legged friend?

A couple of weeks ago we had a run up to Nairn to pick up some old trials bike parts. Not impressed with all of the speed cameras on the A9 or all of the holiday traffic. Quite a run out 700 mile round trip. Took the Audi thought it was a bit to much for the Cortina 700 miles in a day.

some nice pics John and i love your dogs! thx for sharing (even the weather seemed better than over here)

7 hours ago, Steve Walton said:

Looked like a good day out John, Cany hike from your place I would have thought. Have you been geting another 4 legged friend?

A couple of weeks ago we had a run up to Nairn to pick up some old trials bike parts. Not impressed with all of the speed cameras on the A9 or all of the holiday traffic. Quite a run out 700 mile round trip. Took the Audi thought it was a bit to much for the Cortina 700 miles in a day.

Still just 2 dogs Steve ?

300 miles yesterday, quite enough for one day!  We went up via Perth and Blairgowrie and up to Braemar, roads weren't too busy but we came back on the east side and down to Dundee then Forth Road Bridge....that was busy/slow.

2 hours ago, consul315 said:

some nice pics John and i love your dogs! thx for sharing (even the weather seemed better than over here)

Thanks Hans,  weather has been particularly good for us this summer :biggrin: 

5 hours ago, John Mack said:

300 miles yesterday, quite enough for one day!  We went up via Perth and Blairgowrie and up to Braemar, roads weren't too busy but we came back on the east side and down to Dundee then Forth Road Bridge....that was busy/slow.

Sorry John, I thought you only had one furry friend. When we came back down the queue for the Forth Bridge was back to jct 3 south bound so we went via Glasgow and the M74. [Always have the traffic on the radio!!]

I have to say that there is some stunning scenery on the way up and back on the A9. Its a long time since was up that way probably last century.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 7:08 AM, John Mack said:

Iv'e  not been up that way since a nipper. Grandparents had a static caravan at Tummel Bridge near Aberfeldy. We used to go up for a couple of weeks in the summer holidays. Dad had a hand painted blue HB Viva estate and he used to sit behind the Artic trucks on the motorway in their slipsteam. Aberfeldy park had an old Traction engine that the kids could climb all over, fall off etc.

Happy days. :smile:

• Like 1