carys1600e

mk5 2 door interior

have you got a pic??

If you get time could you post me a picture of one of the seats thanks Tove.

wont be able to post pics until spetember when i get back off tour mate, i think there are some pics on my facebook page stephencooper@japan.com cheers.

number 24. white 2.0 GLS so being a late GLS should've had recaro's originaly.

This one is definitely an early spec GLS interior from mid 1981.

I was under the impression that regardless of the time registered that they were all built at roughly the same time hence some of the later registered cars having earlier spec trim than what a comparable 1982 registered standard Cortina would have had.

No Crayfords to the best of my knowledge had any 1982 Model Year interiors indicating that they were all built with the earlier A Frame type interior. Having checked through all of my Crayford pictures, my theory would appear correct as the other Y Plate Cars and A40OUE all have the same type of interior as does Greg Worleys old car ULN8X and WLT3X.

Pics to follow

Edited by 83-GLS

Carys Car at the Aylesford Show in 2012

P1020623.jpg

P1020624.jpg

P1020625.jpg

P1020628.jpg

P1020627.jpg

Some older pictures of the car dating from the late 90s

RUK15YCRAYFORD.jpg

RUK15YCRAYFORD2.jpg

post-39-1180200472_thumb.jpg

post-39-1180200421_thumb.jpg

This one is definitely an early spec GLS interior from mid 1981.

I was under the impression that regardless of the time registered that they were all built at roughly the same time hence some of the later registered cars having earlier spec trim than what a comparable 1982 registered standard Cortina would have had.

No Crayfords to the best of my knowledge had any 1982 Model Year interiors indicating that they were all built with the earlier A Frame type interior. Having checked through all of my Crayford pictures, my theory would appear correct as the other Y Plate Cars and A40OUE all have the same type of interior as does Greg Worleys old car ULN8X and WLT3X.

Pics to follow

All the Carbodies Cortina's are fairly early build cars which as you say is why no Recaro's and all the cars I have had or seen only came with the L trim or GL trim and this was in GL or GLS cars, I think this was down to Carbodies having to trick Ford's Genk build computer to build RHD GL and GLS 2 door cars for the UK.

theres only one L the 1st one MRL 1 P built by crayford from a uk spec 1.3L, the rest are cars destined for ireland they got rhd 2drs in higher spec .

which do you own?

wonder what build date they all have?

mines jan 81, regd june 81,

theres only one L the 1st one MRL 1 P built by crayford from a uk spec 1.3L, the rest are cars destined for ireland they got rhd 2drs in higher spec .

which do you own?

wonder what build date they all have?

mines jan 81, regd june 81,

I'm down to one, TNC 88X but I did own WLT 66X, ULN 8X, ALN 12Y and JOG 300W

I will have a look and see when they were built and let you know, I also have the article explaining about how they tricked the Ford computer and having to get type approval first, which is why the first car done by Crayford's is a 1.3L, I'll try and scan it if your interested

Greg

I'm down to one, TNC 88X but I did own WLT 66X, ULN 8X, ALN 12Y and JOG 300W

I will have a look and see when they were built and let you know, I also have the article explaining about how they tricked the Ford computer and having to get type approval first, which is why the first car done by Crayford's is a 1.3L, I'll try and scan it if your interested

Greg

Are you Greg Worley by any chance?

Ive got the article too and remember having a long chat with you back in 1992 at the Performance Ford 5th Birthday bash at Stafford.

I also assisted Bill Munro in writing his Carbodies Book and notice that you are credited in there as well with Barry Priestman

Many thanks 83-gls for the great photos, could you by any chance email them over to me as i would like to put them in with my collection for the car. Also barry priestman who runs the crayford club owns the 1.3l mk5 crayford with the brown interior, he took it to this years enfield show.

Are you Greg Worley by any chance?

Ive got the article too and remember having a long chat with you back in 1992 at the Performance Ford 5th Birthday bash at Stafford.

I also assisted Bill Munro in writing his Carbodies Book and notice that you are credited in there as well with Barry Priestman

Yes thats me but I changed my surname about 12 years ago to my birth name of Hall

I have still got all the posters and VIP passes for that Performance Ford birthday bash, that was a long time ago

Greg

I went to see your car to photograph it with the first owner many moons ago, I think his name was george (the owner not the car) and he took me to his mates car sales who was selling the car for him.

I still have the pics some of which show the price it was up for.

Greg