Sign in to follow this  
duffus01

1972 gxl

hi folks i have a yellow 1972 gxl that i have decided to break as im not prepared to do all the work that it requires to get it back on the road

there is no seats or carpet in it

if anyone requires any parts please let me know by pm or contact me on 07799264151

i will try to get back to you asap

hi folks i have a yellow 1972 gxl that i have decided to break as im not prepared to do all the work that it requires to get it back on the road

there is no seats or carpet in it

if anyone requires any parts please let me know by pm or contact me on 07799264151

i will try to get back to you asap

I can't believe you're breaking my yellow GXL :( I had that car for a decade. And its a 71... one of the very earliest left with the centre roof light etc. Gutted.

I can't believe you're breaking my yellow GXL :( I had that car for a decade. And its a 71... one of the very earliest left with the centre roof light etc. Gutted.

hi dave who said it was that one im breaking lol

hi dave who said it was that one im breaking lol

How many GXLs do you have that dont have an interior?? I've saved that car twice from folk that have wrecked it and made sure it went back on the road, so it sucks to see it scrapped for the sake of making a few hundred quid that gets forgotten in a month.

This is why I won't part with the 2.0S, once they're out of your hands theres sod all you can do if the buyer decides to smash them up in a banger race or break them to make money on the parts and ID. Hard to watch happen on a car you owned for a decade.

12012008009.jpg

Is she do-able resto wise, or would it fold up if i dragged it onto a trailer? assuming you'd be willing to sell the car complete.

It was immaculate until two years ago when it got sold ( for three grand!) to an idiot.. since then someones flogged the interior and theres been numerous dodgy repairs before duffus01 bought it and its fallen on hard times. I doubt its beyond redemption though.

Edited by CortinaDave

Depending on price I would be interested in all the parts needed to convert my 1976 square headlamp model & grill to a retro look GXL.

Give me a price for that George.

How many GXLs do you have that dont have an interior?? I've saved that car twice from folk that have wrecked it and made sure it went back on the road, so it sucks to see it scrapped for the sake of making a few hundred quid that gets forgotten in a month.

This is why I won't part with the 2.0S, once they're out of your hands theres sod all you can do if the buyer decides to smash them up in a banger race or break them to make money on the parts and ID. Hard to watch happen on a car you owned for a decade.

12012008009.jpg

dave you havent seen the state of the cortina lately ,

i removed the wings from it last night and it requires inner wings both sides front crossmember , slam panel headlightmounting panels , chassis on both sides needs renewed along with floor section

it is also split right around driver side wheel arch also onece again whole boot floor would need to be removed and replaceed then vinyl roof would have to be removed as the roof has holes under the vinyl,, i can ubderstand you saying it should be saved and that was intention when i bought it but on closer inspection ive decided im not willing to do that as it just isnt feesable at end of the day as at the end of the day you also know all the work i put into your old mk4

at end of the day if it helps sort or keep other cortinas on the road then i dont see what problem is

if one breaks to save 10 its a good thing, everything is saveable, just depends if you wanna save it, buy it back dave

do you own it?

if you do then do what YOU want to do with it!

folks today i made the descision to restore this car

have spent the day cutting some of the sections i need

this project is going to take a while .

i will try to add pictures as i get bits and pieces done

sorry to all the folks who were after bits and bobs from car

12012008009.jpg

buy it back & restore it again.