Sign in to follow this  
cortina-city

Cortina to Cortina some pics of my motor

like it...........but it turns me to a wish to sit to cortina and drive and drive and drive.....but have to sit at work :-)

have reposted your link to CZ forum

im the same as you

i could have just driven forever.

then stoppign in random cities and towns and villages.

I would end up, jusr random, then just decide where to sleep, after Cortina I allowed just any thought to decide where to go. It's soemthing I always dreamed of doing. Just let the road unfold............... :rolleyes:

Here is a couple more from my mate Steve Tonge, thats his stepdaughter by the rear of the Cortina. Sadly an accident has wiped the front off of the car again! in Derbyshire when nearly home, no one hurt. Paul

IMG_0451_zps740737bc.jpgIMG_0449_zps14b7263e.jpg

Edited by corsair

Sadly an accident has wiped the front off of the car again! in Derbyshire when nearly home, no one hurt. Paul

Oh no :( What happened?

Here is a couple more from my mate Steve Tonge, thats his stepdaughter by the rear of the Cortina. Sadly an accident has wiped the front off of the car again! in Derbyshire when nearly home, no one hurt. Paul

IMG_0451_zps740737bc.jpgIMG_0449_zps14b7263e.jpg

nearly home is always the most dangerous part of the journey . Not saying it was his fault , that would just be his brother Pete.

Thats getting expensive ,Is he fixing it Paul?

thats my fave Mk1 to me it looks the best. WHats he done to it as it already had a front end? :shocking:

Great pics Pete, from a great trip with great company :thumbup:

Count me in for the next one!!

thats my fave Mk1 to me it looks the best. WHats he done to it as it already had a front end? :shocking:

Front was replaced earlier in the year after hitting a dear in the middle of the night on the way home from Norfolk, had new bonnet/wings/front panel/ ally rad and intercooler. Then after coming back from Italy he went to Donnington on Saturday as he mechanics for Ric Woods, came back to Norfolk with his stepdaughter, came to mine then went off home and near Eyam the back snapped round on a damp road, left the ground, spun 360 then slammed into a wall. Chassis legs are bent and pushed into the bulkhead. Needs all the above again and inner wings this time. But it will be back. Paul

Glad hes rebuilding this ,Im a huge fan of that car ,Theres a set of chassis rails on ebay £180 each .If that helps

som epics on a slide show at end of above vid.

if anyone wants to remind themselves of the scenery, the above is a POV recording of some of the segments of my journey. (POV point of view)

Pete

also halfway theres the arrival in Cortina.

Watched the entire video this afternoon. Great video with that small camera while you were driving. Very interesting route too. The pictures show that your car is still able to come along with nowadays traffic.

Btw, what did the traffic sign say at 39:14? Right turn obligatory except for Cortinas?

Btw, what did the traffic sign say at 39:14? Right turn obligatory except for Cortinas?

:rofl: :rofl: Well spotted

Glad hes rebuilding this ,Im a huge fan of that car ,Theres a set of chassis rails on ebay £180 each .If that helps

Yep hes already got them! :thumbup: Paul

Watched the entire video this afternoon. Great video with that small camera while you were driving. Very interesting route too. The pictures show that your car is still able to come along with nowadays traffic.

W OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: