markh1

car covers

hi

Its not the ideal but until such time as I can locate a lock up I'll need a decent outdoor cover - recommendations/thoughts greatly appreciated.

mark

IMG-20120805-00195.jpg

heres mine I purchased from Halfords £50

needed something Asap as their was no roof on my car lol

and its breathable and water proof

IMG-20120805-00195.jpg

heres mine I purchased from Halfords £50

needed something Asap as their was no roof on my car lol

and its breathable and water proof

Thanks for this - how strong is the fabric? Looks like yours is off the road so you have a degeree of security already - whereas mine will be on the road.

M

yep mine is in the garage getting restored

the material is pretty strong

I did have a cloth material one on my other car and it didn't last just started tearing every where

I also use the Halfords one and have found it to be very good - beathable and keeps the car bone dry. The fabric seems to be very strong and it has lasted two seasons with no rips - only problem has been the two tie down straps which pass under the car to keep the cover anchored, one of which has pulled off.

Hi, i bought mine from www.classic-car-carpets.co.uk then click on their link for the covers. i think i bought the stormforce one which was £130.00 for my mk5, they specially made it to fit round the door mirrors and it was extrmemly good quality and the man on the phone was extremely helpful. it was a good cover untill some a--ho-- came onto my drive in the middle of the night and nicked it about 7 months ago.

Hi, i bought mine from www.classic-car-carpets.co.uk then click on their link for the covers. i think i bought the stormforce one which was £130.00 for my mk5, they specially made it to fit round the door mirrors and it was extrmemly good quality and the man on the phone was extremely helpful. it was a good cover untill some a--ho-- came onto my drive in the middle of the night and nicked it about 7 months ago.

oh damn some people ey,, must have a mk5 2 door then??

Or maybe just a normal mk5 but saying that they would have probably used it to cover anything.