Sign in to follow this  
phorbiuz

Replacement exhaust

Is there anyone on here with an early mk3 running the Kent engine who's recently changed their exhaust? I'm looking to change the complete system.

I've always had problems with a bit of a noisy/tinny centre box but the exhaust is clean and solid so I put up with it. Unfortunately on the way home from a show yesterday on the M6 and something decided to kamikaze under the front and it now sounds like I'm driving a tank. Quick inspection looks like the downpipe has took a good whack and is now blowing from the manifold and join to the centre pipe.

The car is a long-term keeper so I don't want rusty 2nd hand parts.

Any recommendations?

Well, since no-one has come forward with any sensible advice, I'll chip in my 2 cents worth of opinion.

I think the MK3 Cortina, more so than other other Cortina model, would look as sexy as FKKK with a Patriot sidepipe, or preferably a pair of them. That's the long term plan for mine if I ever get a V6 so I can fit a pair without one being a dummy.

Go on, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

How original do you want to be? I took my (pint) Mk3 to my local custom exhaust place and they made up something custom (I had a stainless 4-1 and some other bits for them to use too)