Downstairs Dave

Mk1 GT Resto/2 door conversion

Well spent a few more evenings on the car, im now doing the bits that take a lot of time but it looks as if its not going forward.

null_zps8ca55228.jpg?t=1379447235

O/S inner arch is done and most of the outer arch, the O/S sill is a lot better than the N/S so decided to just do repairs to both ends.

null_zps5ff2b159.jpg?t=1379447155

Outer wheel arch was made from bits that I've collected over the years as money is a bit tight at the moment. I joggle the panel then spot weld and MIG afterwards, To stop any warping of the metal when welding I use a product called cold front, works well.

null_zps2b32f946.jpg?t=1379447065

Edited by Downstairs Dave

Well spent a few more evenings on the car, im now doing the bits that take a lot of time but it looks as if its not going forward.

null_zps8ca55228.jpg?t=1379447235

O/S inner arch is done and most of the outer arch, the O/S sill is a lot better than the N/S so decided to just do repairs to both ends.

null_zps5ff2b159.jpg?t=1379447155

Outer wheel arch was made from bits that I've collected over the years as money is a bit tight at the moment. I joggle the panel then spot weld and MIG afterwards, To stop any warping of the metal when welding I use a product called cold front, works well.

null_zps2b32f946.jpg?t=1379447065

Nice & tidy work m8 :).

Made up a piece and welded in to replace the part that was missing by the C pillar.

null_zps554097c0.jpg?t=1379615926

null_zps3481f929.jpg?t=1379616108

Slowly slowly catchy monkey..

Made up a piece and welded in to replace the part that was missing by the C pillar.

null_zps554097c0.jpg?t=1379615926

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b587/dgresto/null_zps3481f929.jpg?t=1379616108[/

You should give lessons in rear arch relacement! There are some very shiny concourse cars out there with rear wings that look like a dogs back leg to me,its a pet hate of mine.I can spot them from the other side of a show field! Great workmanship.

Great work, you should be doing this for a living. People would pay good money for your skills...

]I did have my own classic car restoration business but couldn't make it pay, maybe I was too fussy.

I still have the web site www.greenfieldcarrestoration.co.uk

I now work for a small family run bodyshop in Oxted www.daysgarage.co.uk Surrey as a sprayer and panelbeater, before that I was a technical rep for Akzo Nobel (Sikkens) and my last role was working at McLaren on the MP4 12C but absolutely hated the job so have gone back to my roots.

Shame about the business ,Site looked good .

]I did have my own classic car restoration business but couldn't make it pay, maybe I was too fussy.

I still have the web site www.greenfieldcarrestoration.co.uk

I now work for a small family run bodyshop in Oxted www.daysgarage.co.uk Surrey as a sprayer and panelbeater, before that I was a technical rep for Akzo Nobel (Sikkens) and my last role was working at McLaren on the MP4 12C but absolutely hated the job so have gone back to my roots.

Nice website, & love the Ford Coupe ;). That's some CV, you really are skilled at your craft. It's good to see how other people do restoration work as it makes it easier for us less talented ;)..

Did a bit more today, removed the old rear valance and installed the rear lower repair panel.

null_zps76a205ae.jpg?t=1379781161null_zps033b2a05.jpg?t=1379781161

null_zps86ce887e.jpg?t=1379781161

There's a link below ;)

Prevents buckling when welding, brazing or soldering metal. Prevents the heat bleeding away, saving time & energy.Make repairs without disassembly

http://www.rapidwelding.com/dynamic/DisplayItem.aspx?c=CF14OZ

Had a look at this when you first mentioned it (its on ebay ( aint everthing)) is it re-usable though? Btw - loving your skills and always look towards your updates and I am a MK3 to 5 guy :)

Had a look at this when you first mentioned it (its on ebay ( aint everthing)) is it re-usable though? Btw - loving your skills and always look towards your updates and I am a MK3 to 5 guy :)

When I first started as an apprentice panel beater and sprayer Mk4s and Mk5s were new at the time, put plenty of front panels and front wings on them, Great Days, but hated Oyster Gold (never matched).

As for Cold Front, yes it is re-usable and if it dries out you can add as bit of water.^_^

Finished repairing the O/S rear quarter panel, ready to be welded in but I'm waiting for the right hand boot panels to come from Expressed, should be here mid next week.

null_zps54d5a158.jpg?t=1380049479

null_zps1bc6d19c.jpg?t=1380049657

I have also been busy at work prepping and epoxy priming bits such as the rear quarter window frames, boot hinges, boot lid, bonnet and other bits and pieces.

Finished repairing the O/S rear quarter panel, ready to be welded in but I'm waiting for the right hand boot panels to come from Expressed, should be here mid next week.

null_zps54d5a158.jpg?t=1380049479

null_zps1bc6d19c.jpg?t=1380049657

I have also been busy at work prepping and epoxy priming bits such as the rear quarter window frames, boot hinges, boot lid, bonnet and other bits and pieces.

Is the white weld through primer Dave?.