Downstairs Dave

Mk1 GT Resto/2 door conversion

Been a weird week, managed to paint the rear firewall and started straightening the roof, and then Fiday evening managed to stick a half inch shard of glass into the joint of my left thumb, going to have a operation tomorrow to have it removed. It has to be done with live X-ray as its touching a tendon. If I do it I do it properly.

27EAA326-782D-4836-8CD9-EB6C726F361E_zps62uzujzh.jpg

BC569B27-1F6B-46C4-943B-75CFC81D6DAD_zpsocvapvww.jpg

0E1B6984-083D-446A-BAD7-FA5BDC895402_zps8jqjpndq.jpg

As for the roof, it's amazing how many dents and dings you get after 53 years. I don't like to put too much filler on my panels so I put lots of effort and time straightening and filling the panel.

DEC4084A-BCCA-4975-ACF7-D552E70E773C_zps6bosbrxw.jpg

561BAE2C-D9F4-4D47-9D89-82F8520F98C5_zpssvsrcvqm.jpg

Spent a few pounds with owners club getting the odd rubber and trims, amazing how it tots up. The parts are slowly being taken off and put in containers.

41D57876-7D9D-4D12-8005-94DE2B89C5EB_zpsw1opvt4o.jpg

Ohh and here's a picture of my thumb, good job I'm right handed.

46DEDF5D-15CE-4375-A681-4FB59E4DC2BA_zpsdymvuofz.jpg

Edited by Downstairs Dave

Ouch.That thumb looks like its seen a few repairs in the past!

Yep, even the surgeon said those have done a lot of work.

Piece of glass measured 21mm and it slightly cut one of the tendons. To get to it she had to make a large cut so I now have a few stitches.

Could have been worse...

Hope your injured thumb doesn't hamper progress too much Dave, wishing you a quick recovery.

Many thanks for the kind replies, hand is getting better.Hopefully I can do a bit tomorrow... rolleyes.gif

Well after my operation to remove the shard of glass from my thumb I thought all was going well until I was rushed into hospital with my heart problem again, luckily they zapped my heart very quickly this time and put it back into rhythm, so I've not been in the garage until today.:tears:

On a positive note I have got myself a new dream job which I start in a few weeks time, I'm going to work for a classic car restoration company, mainly doing panel work with a bit of paintwork now and then, they do all kinds of stuff but mainly British tin. here is the website......www.jentreeclassiccars.co.uk They are also on Facebook.

Hopefully normal service should be resumed, watch this space.:rolleyes:

Congratulations on the new job Dave your health is more important than progress on the car you can do that when you are in better health to do so.

No posts from you for a while Dave.Truly hope you are on the road to recovery.All the best Iain.

Great article in Classis Ford Dave :thumbup:

I hope the new Job is going well and you are all in good health.

No posts from you for a while Dave.Truly hope you are on the road to recovery.All the best Iain.

Yep I'm in good health, new job has taken over a bit and we have had a lot of work done on the house including a new drive, so life has been a bit hectic. :rolleyes:

should be back on track soon.

Great article in Classis Ford Dave :thumbup:

I hope the new Job is going well and you are all in good health.

Cheers Pete, all going well.

Picked my copy up today, very pleased with the article, even my boy recognized the car..:rolleyes:

howzit,

serious skills/knowledge etc and so great to see a true panel man at work

just wish there were more of you people around

instead of the slap a bit of steel over the rust and weld around and leave the welds, then slap some paint over

such a real shame skills like this arent passed down and lack of people paying for quality work

instead cheap .te work they call professional lol

ive only got to pg 30 so far

look forward to seeing more of your work :D

later

Edited by drutin

howzit,

serious skills/knowledge etc and so great to see a true panel man at work

just wish there were more of you people around

instead of the slap a bit of steel over the rust and weld around and leave the welds, then slap some paint over

such a real shame skills like this arent passed down and lack of people paying for quality work

instead cheap .te work they call professional lol

ive only got to pg 30 so far

look forward to seeing more of your work :D

later

Thanks for your nice comments, apparently I've become a bit of a rare beast...

My new employer thinks I'm god! and I certainly love my new job, nothing better than enjoying your work.. :rolleyes: