Downstairs Dave

Mk1 GT Resto/2 door conversion

Love the imp too, great stance.

Nice update Dave. You would think restoration work would pay quite well considering the skill required.

Nice Imp.

You would think, but sadly these projects take far to much TIME

Great work.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at the supernats. :icecream:

Well after driving the car for a couple of hundred miles now I've come to the conclusion its too noisy, maybe I'm getting old but it definitely needs to be a bit more civil.

So I'm going to put an interior into the car and proper glass and heater, it will still retain the race seats with no rear seat and roll cage.

First thing that's been ordered is a set of door cards from Aldridge Trimmers, I also have a carpet set coming (hessian backed type) with an extra meter off the roll so I can make up a section to cover up where the rear seat was. Next will be a new headlining (White Lodestar) this will allow me to Dynomat the roof panel, also while this is being done I can pop the windows out and replace with new glass. After that sound deadening behind the dash and refit the heater. It will be all done tastefully and in keeping with the general theme of a race car.

On another note the photography is being done this weekend for Classic Ford Magazine so it will be recorded in its first incarnation.

While I'm on here, does anyone have a set of headlining rods? as I cant find the old ones from my car, think they got chucked out by mistake, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated...

I'm looking forward to seeing in Classic Ford Dave!

While I'm on here, does anyone have a set of headlining rods? as I cant find the old ones from my car, think they got chucked out by mistake, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated...

Dave

I think Paul Watts has a couple of sets.

Will be nice to see it in CF again. :thumbup:

Well after driving the car for a couple of hundred miles now I've come to the conclusion its too noisy, maybe I'm getting old but it definitely needs to be a bit more civil.

So I'm going to put an interior into the car and proper glass and heater, it will still retain the race seats with no rear seat and roll cage.

It makes sense. I had some experience in my previous Mk3 that removing the sound deadening around the tunnel was a bad thing, and we put a lot of insulation in second time around. But even then, we saw a big difference adding a centre console on top of the tunnel - both in sound and heat coming through.

Have fun with the photo session!

I've got a set here , and I'm just up the road from you , in Horsham. Ping me a message if you want to collect.

Looking forward to seeing the second part of your build in CF next month Dave.

Thanks Pete, It will be in Classic Ford's December issue so there should be plenty of pictures in its race guise.

I have been busy with putting in the interior, just finished the headliner (not an easy job). and I also fitted a two piece prop with a centre bearing.

Will upload some pictures of the changes I have made over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, Downstairs Dave said:

Thanks Pete, It will be in Classic Ford's December issue so there should be plenty of pictures in its race guise.

I have been busy with putting in the interior, just finished the headliner (not an easy job). and I also fitted a two piece prop with a centre bearing.

Will upload some pictures of the changes I have made over the weekend.

Hi Dave ..hope all is well mate ...sent you a PM ...keep up the incredible work mate 

Just a little update. I have nearly finished the interior, just the front seats to put back..

She now has a heater and is fully sound deadened with DynoMat... and has glass all round now..

I have also put a two piece prop shaft on the car as I had some vibration at high speed so that should cure it.

I will put some more pictures on when shes done..

20190114_211904.jpg

20190114_211939.jpg

20190114_211911.jpg

20190114_211948.jpg

Some more pictures...

20190114_212052.jpg

20190114_212010.jpg