Sign in to follow this  
brightorangeGT

Mk5 Cortina 2.0Ltr For Sale

Hi there - I dont know if anyone may be interested in my Mk 5 Cortina Ghia. , I've had it for five years and I'm having problems in the storeage yard where I park it, on top of that its not under cover so I cant work on it unless its dry and sunny, so i worry about it and I'm fed up worrying about it!!

Anyway, it was an automatic but I converted it to manual. Ive had it five years. It starts, goes and stops!And we've gone to Cortina Day at Symonds Yat in it each year. Its just been taxed for another six months and MOT runs out in April. Over the years Ive always managed to get it through with just little things needed here and there. It's driven regularly and would make a good daily driver and 'rolling' restoration. I'll start with the bad bits:

1, I had to glue/seal up the sunroof because the drainage tray/pan had rusted.

2, Repairs needed to area below windscreen.

3, Seat fabric very poor especially along top of rear seat. Currently covered with good quality beige coloured seat covers.

4, Dent in rear panel below rear bumper.

5, Rear wing lower area both sides has been botched up in the past so ideally new sections welded in. plus small sections on wheels arch.

6, Two 20 p size holes. One inside rear door off side - covered with black tape in photo. The other on front subframe where forward bush is.

GOOD BITS:

7, Could do with respray

8, Vibration in running gear between 35 - 40 mph in fourth gear - Ive just lived with it.

1, Its a Cortina!!

2, All that needs doing is straight forward stuff for anyone who knows Cortinas. If I could get it park/stored under cover I'd do the lot myself and I'm very much an amateur.( I wanted to get a MOndeo engine in it and respray it but its not to be...

3, Ive fitted many new or reconditioned parts in the time Ive had it as follows:

Rear springs

Brake calipers

Reconditioned prop shaft

brand new steering rack (last year)

polyurethane steering rack mounts

new gas filled rear shocks (November 2013)

Replaced all rear bushes (but have polyurethane set to go on; off another Cortina I had)

Mondeo alloy wheels with very good tyres

Full stainless steel exhaust (but not done very well)

Ive never taken the front wings off to see whats lurking there but its a Cortina so who knows....Last eighteen months or so Ive tried not driving it in the rain...just trying to preserve the underside a bit.

Ive got lots of spares too: No more space. Live in Plymouth. Text,pm,07967177038.looking around £850 ish ONO!! Will try add photos. Cheers, Chris

IMG_2445_zps257a5025.jpg

IMG_2444_zpsda902e6b.jpg

IMG_2443_zps48b6d43c.jpg

IMG_2442_zps76e2e248.jpg

IMG_2441_zps567fd53d.jpg

IMG_2440_zps1b0fbb74.jpg

IMG_2422_zps2cf93fd2.jpg

IMG_2421_zps33dddbc9.jpg

IMG_2420_zps063668cc.jpg

IMG_2419_zps55f1788f.jpg

IMG_2419_zps55f1788f.jpg

IMG_2418_zps932170c6.jpg

IMG_2417_zps7d51c35c.jpg

IMG_2416_zpsd23daa30.jpg

IMG_2415_zps9a8e995c.jpg

IMG_2414_zpsf48054b4.jpg

IMG_2413_zpse3c26a1b.jpg

IMG_2412_zpscd35b134.jpg

IMG_2457_zps393a1834.jpg

IMG_2456_zps2695e603.jpg

IMG_2455_zps4d071213.jpg

IMG_2454_zps75257943.jpg

IMG_2453_zpsa3dedb53.jpg

IMG_2452_zps5bcdc614.jpg

IMG_2451_zps693484d4.jpg

IMG_2450_zpsf52ed2d3.jpg

IMG_2449_zpsd8a30133.jpg

IMG_2448_zps2eff8d0f.jpg

IMG_2447_zps90f13d8d.jpg

IMG_2446_zpsef65d307.jpg

thats a very reasonable price. would like the rear seatbelts if you sell them seperatly :thumbup:

That is really beautiful,I so wish I could buy it off you,I've got too much on my plate as is. All the best with the sale

thats a very reasonable price. would like the rear seatbelts if you sell them seperatly :thumbup:

Hi thanks for your reply. I dont really want to remove the seat belts to sell separately - for me that has to be one of the cars selling points. I'm glad you consider it a 'reasonable price'. I've tried to price it somewhere between a really good Mk5 and a rough one without tax and MOT as is on Ebay at the moment. Regards, Chris

That is really beautiful,I so wish I could buy it off you,I've got too much on my plate as is. All the best with the sale

Hi thanks for your reply,and saying its 'really beautiful' Thing is up close you can clearly see the imperfections - surface rust here and there, the awful painted black roof! I had to do that because the laquer had flaked and made it look terrible - BUT by replacing the chrome gutter trim and chrome windscreen insert, and fitting Mondeo alloy wheels, and the steering wheel from a 1600E mk2 I've tried to create an illusion its better than it is!! If you get what I mean!! Regards, Chris

the awful painted black roof!

What an illusion!! It's only now I've looked at the pics again......just thought it had a vinyl roof!

Assuming it was a 2.3auto and you swapped the whole lot?

Like that colour, a wee bit different.

:thumbup: GLWS

Its worth that to break , but luckily for it you are too far away from me :sofa:

I like this a lot, if I can shift my Granada I may have to buy it!!

If anyone wanted particular photos like whole of boot floor, under carpets, jacking points,etc let me know I could send them to a smart phone perhaps. Or get them up on here. Remember its only a 2.0 Ltr. The 2.3 badge I stuck on just for show!! And my theory was it helps distract from the flaking lacquer on boot lid - the illusion thing again make it all 'appear' smarter than it is!! Chris

Hi there I like your car but only have 500 if you would consider that I know she s worth more but that's the most I can go as I've got mk5 20 gls already but would like another to do up cheers alan

Hi there I like your car but only have 500 if you would consider that I know she s worth more but that's the most I can go as I've got mk5 20 gls already but would like another to do up cheers alan

Did this sell at all?

If still available please could you PM me. thanks.