RomanBronze

List of known surviving MK4s

A few of us were discussing rare trim colours recently and it got me thinking of something I've been meaning to do for a while - make a list of the surviving MK4 Cortinas I'm aware of including exterior and interior colours etc. won't know all of them and others can add to the list but there's a sensitive issue first. Many of the cars will be owned by BSC members and even if not, what are people's thoughts on a list like this incl reg numbers? It could be sensitive. On the other hand, the info is taken from info and mainly photos available to all online.

All views welcome.

we could let owners just give the info they feel happy with :thumbup: and a pic of the car of course.this way we would still know about it and trim etc. as for all the cars we already know about i cant see a problem. we only know because the info is already availible.

Edited by mk4ste

I think it is a great idea.

The sensitivity can be separated by "BSC owner supplied info" = verfied vs "based on pics" = unverified.

The BSC info could be deemed definative to the forum and other info could be viewed as "nice to know"

It can be put on a private area so only members can view and it could be moderated.

Maybe add some rules around not publishing or posting this info anywhere else.

I do think we need a proper Ford colour chart too for MKIV's

This one any good?

ford-colours_zps83da8a83.jpg

you cant get a V5 with just the reg number - I know I have tried

you cant get the adress of the owner with just the reg number - unless you are police or run a car park

so there is nothing serious to worry about letting people know your reg number

In mho the top colours for MK4 are: Peppermint Green/Black vinyl roof, Signal Orange, Roman Bronze/Tan vinyl roof, Midnight Blue, Diamond White...

But if I find one to me, I don´t care if it is a 1.3 Base with Barbie Pink colour!! :D

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll leave this up for a while longer before posting anything, although I have completed the list of 2.3 V6 cars I know of, which is not far off 30.

Love the chart ghiahead, although I do think you could do with a bit more brown .... Ale, I start thinking of my favourite colour combos and the list gets very long, very quickly.

I,m up for this as well though can only add mine and a sighting by a mate (6 months ago now) in Moss Side, Manchester. This car is a red 1.6 GL KLG 163T.

I'll add mine to the "propa" list once it's up and batting. :thumbup:

I'll add mine to the "propa" list once it's up and batting. :thumbup:

Have you got a mk2 then ?? :headscratch:

:icecream:

• Upvote 1

Have you got a mk2 then ?? :headscratch:

:icecream:

Ah.. I knew one of you mk2 guys would pick up on that! :thumbup:

I think this is a good idea, making a list of all surviving Mk4s would be interesting. Il post my car up if you start a post. As you can see from my sig, I don't mind giving out my reg...

Ok then. Seems like there's no objections raised. Dull as it may sound, I've started a file in excel to keep it neat but I don't think I can post that so gonna copy and paste some info over as soon as I've had the chance to sort the list I've already done. I started with the 2.3 Mk4 and will put up basic info in the next day or two. Seemed a good place to start as there's not many but will give a good taster. Doing the 1.6 & 2.0 is where all the time will be spent! :playball:

Ghiahead came and seen mine yesterday ,I have a 2.3 v6 reg number TRG 234S ,100% from the factory ,needs abit work and didn't sell on eBay so I've decided to have a full restore and hopefully get this car looking the way it used to be.

Edited by T_carter

top job bud, is there a pic option so we can see the cars, well for the ones we have pics of? :thumbup:

Hi Ste. I thought about that, was in two minds but really I should, so I'll add a column of the spreadsheet for photo links. Can't upload the excel file but ihappy to send a copy to anyone who wants one.

Edited by RomanBronze

Ghiahead came and seen mine yesterday ,I have a 2.3 v6 reg number TRG 234S ,100% from the factory ,needs abit work and didn't sell on eBay so I've decided to have a full restore and hopefully get this car looking the way it used to be.

Already on the list! Looks like a nice straight car. Good luck with the resto!