cortina-city

stone chip or not?

hi everyone

do you think i should stoneguard swampys sills n front lower/rear valence? or was factory just paint? need to decide. what do you lot think?

im 50/50 so your votes will help me

Pete

hi everyone

do you think i should stoneguard swampys sills n front lower/rear valence? or was factory just paint? need to decide. what do you lot think?

im 50/50 so your votes will help me

Pete

defo stoneguard pete...... if you use a smooth one it will not even notice...I did.. and glad I have.......I done sills front and rear valences ...you know it makes sense ....... you have slight other mods..... the bests ones protect :thumbup:

i vote yes, think it does a good job n looks ok. might as well get it done now properly :thumbup:

defo stoneguard pete...... if you use a smooth one it will not even notice...I did.. and glad I have.......I done sills front and rear valences ...you know it makes sense ....... you have slight other mods..... the bests ones protect :thumbup:

how high do you go gary, apart from when we sniff the evostick>? how high on the rear quarter lowers, ooo err have you pics? also, should i take 2mm off one of the doors? to get perfect gap? i have looked at all the panels and each door i have is different than the next? what was going on at the ford factory? at this point all panels are stock but theres no way im going to get 2mm tolerance without grinding something. this is it baby. as Micheal Jackson said before his last tour "This is it" and then the world changed. interplnaetary watches and water clocks gary, who knows what is beyond the great beyond. cortina and summer days at the yat all the way. strawberries and lady t? you bet ch ya

but where are the stoneguard lines?>

Edited by cortina-city

how high do you go gary, apart from when we sniff the evostick>? how high on the rear quarter lowers, ooo err have you pics? also, should i take 2mm off one of the doors? to get perfect gap? i have looked at all the panels and each door i have is different than the next? what was going on at the ford factory? at this point all panels are stock but theres no way im going to get 2mm tolerance without grinding something. this is it baby. as Micheal Jackson said before his last tour "This is it" and then the world changed. interplnaetary watches and water clocks gary, who knows what is beyond the great beyond. cortina and summer days at the yat all the way. strawberries and lady t? you bet ch ya

stoneguard lines?....none...I done the whole panels ....so up to join lines....looks better then having a lines pete....

oooooooooooooooooooow.... 2mm off doors...... I was told once never remove hinges.....but I wanted mine powdered.....so they came off.....and lining up was a nightmare...... and I,v never been happy with my gaps...... but hey....... its not a worry to me and I never even think about it now....I rec if yours are out a little the colour of ya cars not gonna show them up so much......if they don,t look bad but there there/out a little,,,its more factory pete :thumbup:

oh pete...sorry ..rear quarters I never done...al paint there..if I was gonna do rear quarters then I,d have to have done lower areas on front wings to....... did do then on my mk2 tho and came up just as they bent round to straight....that was silverfox :icecream:

Edited by nogE

you gonna have rear mudguards pete?.....

I think stone guard is a good idea and I will be using it on my car.

Yes Stoneguard Pete.. Don't know about earlier models but it was on later FORDS

And the painter will know how to blend it in or where to stop it (usually just under body lines) :thumbup:

Yes Stoneguard Pete.. Don't know about earlier models but it was on later FORDS

And the painter will know how to blend it in or where to stop it (usually just under body lines) :thumbup:

yes....... guess doing the quarters and lower front wings if blended in without lines would a better way to go

you gonna have rear mudguards pete?.....

undecided on rear guards gary

stoneguard the sills too or?

gotta decide soon!

Everyone needs protection Pete ;)

I would deffo stone guard sills and blend to the swage line on rear lower quarter as well as front valance. I couldn't tell nog's had been done when I saw it and for peace of mind you know it makes sense, the last thing you want to do is be confronted by loads of pin prick rust spots a year after driving about to shows etc. I understand you want it to be original but it's got to last too after the effort you've invested in the bodywork.