Sign in to follow this  
Max2503

Aquatic Jade Paint Code Help

Gents,

My car is a mk2 in Aquatic Jade, she has just had the engine bay resprayed by a retro workshop. They didn't have the paint code, so have tried to match it. The end result has just been pictured and sent to me, and I must say I can see the different.

Thinking they would be able to match I left them to it, I have found the code on here to be *a5, but my question is...is this enough info to purchase the paint or is there another code needed? If I am not happy with it...I would like to give them some direction towards the true paint.

Any help would be great

Many thanks

I am also after that paint code. "A5" will not be enough to purchase paint. You want a PPG code or similar.

As for the advice to take part of the car in for matching, I can't do that because it's not the original color and there aren't any other Cortinas around here.

I am also after that paint code. "A5" will not be enough to purchase paint. You want a PPG code or similar.

As for the advice to take part of the car in for matching, I can't do that because it's not the original color and there aren't any other Cortinas around here.

In that case show the paint shop photos of a car and ask them to make a sample up

SAM_0673_zps9287f017.jpg when i had this painted i just told the paint shop code a5

FORD CORTINA SAVAGE VYP 86 G PAINT CODE.

AQUATIC JADE COLOUR CODE.

MAXMAYER MAXICAR FIAT 329/A (No1) VERDE CHAMPION.

This is the code my paint shop found which was pretty close.