Pete-H

Mk4 2.3GL Estate

One Owner from New 10728 Mileage, 12 months MOT 14/08/2014, Not Taxed as that would involve re registering it and adding an owner to the V5, it is in full working order.

The car was my Father's (the only car he ever had brand new) he passed away in April 3013 and the car was left to me.

I have know this car since I was 10.

The reason for selling is that I only think of it as Dad's car not mine and cannot relax in it and enjoy it for what it is, and it hold to many memories.

We have had it for 35years I have the original V5 first reg date 01/08/1979 it was used buy my farther as an every day car for the first 10 years then he was given a company car, for the next 12 years it was used for high days and holidays and after that it was used three times a year up on till 2009 when it was taken off the road and I put it up on axle stands until earlier this year I have all of the MOT certificates bar 4 which just are not there I have service history and receipts for things that my farther go and fitted or had fitted to the car.

Other than the two front seats the car is complete and all there.

The original seat springs collapsed on the front seats about 12 years ago and my farther was given the two Mk5 Seats by a friend of his which had been in storage for 8 years after the car had been scraped after an accident, I don't have the original front seats.

I would like £4000 for the car I will drop that by some for the right buyer.

CortinaMk423V6P1.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P2.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P3.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P4.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P7.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P6.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P5.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P8.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P9.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P11.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P12.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P13.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P14.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P15.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P16.jpg

CortinaMk423V6P17.jpg

If no one has it it will just go back up on axle stands for a few years.

If you are interested please contact me through the PM System?

Viewing are possible please give a few days notice so I can arrange my day?

We are located close to J10 M42

Pete-H

What a gorgeous car - all the very best with the sale Pete.

Wow, a MK4 2.3 GL. :winner: This is the only known mk4 2.3 GL :thumbup: The only other one I've seen is the rotten one that sheffieldcortina broke a couple of years ago, oh and that the highly modified white one fitted with a BOA

Good luck with the sale :cheers: I hope it goes to another enthusiast off here.

Edited by cbowditch

I would very much like it to go to an enthusiast as that is the type of person my Farther would of like it to go to.

As I stated in my first post I'm p repaired to lower the price for the right buyer but I'm not p repaired to give it away.

Pete-H

P.S. I forgot to mention the V6 badge is a Ford Part that my Farther had fitted at Bristol Street Motors Birmingham when he purchased the car, he told me that it's the type of badge that was fitted to the V6 Transit Ambulances.

Edited by Pete-H

Wow what an amazing looking car, if I wasn't in the middle of moving house, I'd be interested in buying it.

Edited by big mike

Very very nice and love the way it has been kept

that should sell in no time

Can I ask what is that under the ash tray ?

Good luck with the sale

Thank you for your comments.

The box below the ashtray is smiths LCD Electronic rev counter and if you have points fitted it will show the dwel as well, it also has a volt meter and clock all built in.

Pete-H

What's happened to the number plate?

Lovely looking car and the colour really suits it. Is the mileage 10k or 110k?

Best of luck with the sale

As far as I can tell from the MOT certificates the odometer zeroed between August 94 and September 95

The car has been well looked after inside and out.

Pete-H

nice looking car but the v6 badge is a generic one transits didn't have an eng id (except D if a diesel), the sunroof & missing seats & wheels will put some people off unfortunately.

what's the attachment on the ns of towbar?is it an lpg filler?

also what's all the extra wireing under the bonnet?

the mileage is abit misleading, as I take it that its actually 110,000 & not 10,000.

these are not criticism's but people looking for a mk4 at your asking price will want a low mileage original car.

a Crayford or "S" meeting this criteria would prob achieve this.

nice looking car but the v6 badge is a generic one transits didn't have an eng id (except D if a diesel), the sunroof & missing seats & wheels will put some people off unfortunately.

what's the attachment on the ns of towbar?is it an lpg filler?

also what's all the extra wireing under the bonnet?

the mileage is abit misleading, as I take it that its actually 110,000 & not 10,000.

these are not criticism's but people looking for a mk4 at your asking price will want a low mileage original car.

a Crayford or "S" meeting this criteria would prob achieve this.

You have just been promoted to DCI, good observation, you know your stuff!

& its almost dinner time & i'm avin hoops. (the other dci)

The fitting on the left of the towbar is for charging not LPG.

Did you not read post #10?

Pete-H

Edited by Pete-H

If you have all of the MOT's bar 4, and you know when the speedo was zero'd, should be simple maths to work out total correct mileage, the lower the mileage, generally the higher the £££££'s, and an estate in any Mk is a good looking motor, good luck with selling.