Sign in to follow this  
nogE

pinto sounds abit noisy, oil light on and off

BEFORE YOU PULL THE ENGINE OUT , TRY changing the oil light switch :shocking:

Yep! he's on that at the mo ! Dave :thumbup:

1410890636[/url]' post='558244']

SInce the engine was rebuilt I've used 10/40 semi-synth - that may make a difference. OIl pump is stock, but new and yup engine cold. Oil everywhere is bad enough without it being hot!

Yea,The thinner 10/40 oil would help stop the oil from dragging on the edge of the hole when cold thumbsup.gif

update...

after doing various test on pressure switch I,v decided its ok..... removed rocker and spray bar... put airline down bar all clear..... replaced it...cleaned all top/cam valves etc and inner cover area..replaced cover started and let run for a couple of mins....removed cover and noticed NO oil .... my pump is playing up when it wants to...I,v been very lucky as cam lobes are

smooth /no ware...valves need adjusting but no sheaf or filings anywhere.....engine out over next couple of days /weekend....

whilst its out I,m gonna replace other gaskets and seals......I need info on these seals needed...are there three... cam/crank and rear {behind flywheel}...

is there any need to tighten down head whilst rocker off...this has never been done.. would you advise I leave as I,m not changing head gasket..no need......

so .... replacing pump... pickup should be cleaned and checked....and other advise welcome,,,,

cheers all

gary

Edited by nogE

head won't need re torqueing, if you get a full bottom end gasket set you should get both oil seals with it.

get a new oil pump drive shaft aswell as the pump.

gary as craig said a new drive shaft will help, then you know its done

head won't need re torqueing, if you get a full bottom end gasket set you should get both oil seals with it.

gary as craig said a new drive shaft will help, then you know its done

yes ...already have that and pump,,burtons stuff...... engine now ready to lift out... ghiahead P/defens Nick on here offered their help....great stuff.... hope to lift out Monday...as away weekend...

opportunity to give ojo,s bay a good clean up when out...yayyyyyyy......

pics coming of job

thanks for everyones help and advise here :thumbup:

is there not three seals craig.... including the one behind flywheel?

yes ...already have that and pump,,burtons stuff...... engine now ready to lift out... ghiahead P/defens Nick on here offered their help....great stuff.... hope to lift out Monday...as away weekend...

opportunity to give ojo,s bay a good clean up when out...yayyyyyyy......

pics coming of job

thanks for everyones help and advise here :thumbup:

................. :mellow: ................. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by TIB3300

frt & rear seal for crank, other one is for dizzy drive shaft (if memory serves).