Sign in to follow this  
Aintshesweet

MK5 Body and seats

The black fluted rear panel that matches the lights :)

$_20.JPG

Now then Christina, you may think you want it, but do you really?

I thought I wanted a rear spoiler for a good while, but then I realised the only reason I wanted one was because they are rare. The reality is they are naff, they split, they look tatty, and they are generally rubbish. Once I realised this, I stopped wanting one. And so it is with this crappy bling for your rear panel, or worse still, those rear window louvres - unless you have a truly giant piece of cheese to grate, just don't even go there :thumbdown:

Now then Christina, you may think you want it, but do you really?

I thought I wanted a rear spoiler for a good while, but then I realised the only reason I wanted one was because they are rare. The reality is they are naff, they split, they look tatty, and they are generally rubbish. Once I realised this, I stopped wanting one. And so it is with this crappy bling for your rear panel, or worse still, those rear window louvres - unless you have a truly giant piece of cheese to grate, just don't even go there :thumbdown:

Couldn't have put it better myself, (thumbup).

My Mk5 has a spoiler fitted by the second owner in 1985. I absolutely hate the thing, it makes the back end of the car look cheap tacky and naff. I've lived with it for over a year now but can live with it no longer so as soon as I can find a bodyshop who can fill in the holes in my bootlid and guarantee an exact paint match it will be coming off and will be sold to the highest bidder, it's a gen Ford RS one as well.

Stevewes says it well, so think carefully before you start filling your car full of holes with which to fit a load of after market tat.

To each his/her own.....LOL.

I have a custom made rear panel on my XR6 and, well for me, I like it....I think the plain jane ones without the panel looks quite.....plain :-)) Also my car is fully custom so it does compliment it. I have seen plenty of Cortinas (mk 4 & 5) here in SA with those panels and they look very neat and complete the back section nicely.

Christina, I have a panel which you want....I want R1000.00 for it. Postage for buyers account.

Sheffield, if I remember correctly I did send you a guys number a while back for one available here in SA. I will check if I can get in touch with the guy or will try other areas for you. Will let you know.

didn't get the number???