Sign in to follow this  
tinman

banded anglia steels 6 3/4" wide

Yes, the early ie 1500 Corsair uses same hub as mk1 Cortina, though I'm not certain on the strut itself being 100% identical.

As for the M18 caliper, it is the mk2 Granada caliper and in the pic its on a mk2 Cortina leg/hub with 2.8i disc. However it does not clear with a 13" Lotus/Cortina rim. You need a 5mm minimum spacer to clear.

DSCF5080-1.jpg

cheers kenbex for the info on both counts there buddy :cheers:

Going back to your strut and caliper clearance saga this may also help you or not or just add to the conundrum, a pic of two sets of M16 calipers. The lower set is for vented discs but note the two different casting shapes nearest wheels side. One set was ATE the other other Girling though I cant remember which was which now.

This all stemmed back to my Anglia days when trying to find a caliper to clear the Lotus rim on the Classic hub. However neither quite cleared and you cant use vented discs on Classic strut anyway without some mods as I found out but that's another story.

DSCF5071.jpg

got to admit my heads starting to spin a bit now,so many different caliper/hub/disc combinations :beer cheers for the info and pics kenbex much appreciated :thumbup:

got to admit my heads starting to spin a bit now,so many different caliper/hub/disc combinations :beer cheers for the info and pics kenbex much appreciated :thumbup:

Maybe sell them on a guaranteed to fit basis as long as the buyer gives you an idea first on what brakes he has fitted ?

Its risky I know but you would have to factor it into your profit margin and/or get the buyers to agree to cover all shipping costs in the event of returns.

Maybe sell them on a guaranteed to fit basis as long as the buyer gives you an idea first on what brakes he has fitted ?

Its risky I know but you would have to factor it into your profit margin and/or get the buyers to agree to cover all shipping costs in the event of returns.

makes a good point with regards to brake fitment and especially covering ones self for the event of them being returned costs wise,its possible when I do re-up them as a set that I will just put on the add wich cars I know they fit for deffinate as a tried n tested kinda thing then at least I know my conscience is clear from that point of view ,I have to say I can see why nobody bothers altering these wheels to fit,i modded the vents on the first one yesterday,its repatative,time comsuming and tedious!! I noticed an auction that ended yesterday somebody selling a set of 4x 6 1/2 banded Anglia rims n they only ended at £185 so that would be big loss :tears:

Edited by tinman

makes a good point with regards to brake fitment and especially covering ones self for the event of them being returned costs wise,its possible when I do re-up them as a set that I will just put on the add wich cars I know they fit for deffinate as a tried n tested kinda thing then at least I know my conscience is clear from that point of view ,I have to say I can see why nobody bothers altering these wheels to fit,i modded the vents on the first one yesterday,its repatative,time comsuming and tedious!! I noticed an auction that ended yesterday somebody selling a set of 4x 6 1/2 banded Anglia rims n they only ended at £185 so that would be big loss :tears:

I meant to say with regards to the profit margin that you never get big returns on them anyway,by the the time you've sourced good wheels,repaired any rim dents or rust pits,had them blasted then banded,welds dressed and primed and the time taken doing all this when they do sell its mostly getting back what you spent in the fist place with a little on top,mind you some is better than none and a lot better than a loss :)

I meant to say with regards to the profit margin that you never get big returns on them anyway,by the the time you've sourced good wheels,repaired any rim dents or rust pits,had them blasted then banded,welds dressed and primed and the time taken doing all this when they do sell its mostly getting back what you spent in the fist place with a little on top,mind you some is better than none and a lot better than a loss :)

You forgot to mention how people will complain your charging too much and profiteering. :)

No probs. Yes it can be confusing. I do seem to remember a thread on this forum that covered all the wheel variations as well quite a while back now. I didn't realise there were quite so many either. Sadly Anglia wheels are only really fit for standard Anglia's or the scrap pile. I've must have weighed in a fair few over the years.

Hope you get sorted.

You forgot to mention how people will complain your charging too much and profiteering. :)

certainly had the "HOW MUCH" and "that's a joke" phrases b4 now on ebay when asked how much to end the auction early b4 now but then I reckon quite a few of us have had that :playball:

No probs. Yes it can be confusing. I do seem to remember a thread on this forum that covered all the wheel variations as well quite a while back now. I didn't realise there were quite so many either. Sadly Anglia wheels are only really fit for standard Anglia's or the scrap pile. I've must have weighed in a fair few over the years.

Hope you get sorted.

cheers buddy,i will have to see if I can hunt that thread down as it sounds like it might come in handy for future reference :thumbup:

this is what the first one looks like,vent left finished vent right untouched post-2134-050421600 1416598193_thumb.jpg second pic all vents done and weld along the lip for a bit extrapost-2134-041450500 1416598387_thumb.jpg

re-upped the unmodded vent wheels as a pair this time for rear use , ebay item 331391793685post-2134-077839700 1416752350_thumb.jpg

interesting topic, are still out there, John?

I still have lots of Anglia rims if anyone needs any.

interesting topic, are still out there, John?

hi Hans,still here or just about anyway :thumbup:

I still have lots of Anglia rims if anyone needs any.

must admit not very good sellers banded or otherwise I think people in general seem to prefer cortina steels over Anglia ones. don't think I will be bothering much with banded steels anymore since john brown wheels brought out a very nice and as close to cortina steel wheel alternative as possible,,check these out jbw smoothie ebay item number 183236051793