ChristinaGXL

My Mk3 Ruby

I finally have one! Ok she may only be a 1300L but from what I can see she's pretty solid. And with my budget it's solidness over trim level I'm afraid.

Though I may annoy a few she'll probably end up being in GXL spec, not seen a Black Cherry GXL. If I can ever afford to buy a genuine GXL, I most definitely will.

Firstly many thanks to Dave (FKLGLS) and Pete (Cortina-city) for their advice and help, it's really appreciated :) You'll have to come round and have a poke about. And thanks to Dave.com for the collection!

Annoyingly I can't even try to start it as I don't have a battery that's any good, and can't afford one for a little while.

I've bought a mop and some G3 compound so when that arrives we'll see how much of the paint can be saved.

Now it's time to spam you all with pictures! :D

4knD5UG.png

0lwHm8N.png

L5JhDSy.png

GAEequs.png

C8gzRty.png

LJhbTgT.png

0wg9u4j.png

There's something strange going on with this door here

F6Du2WO.png

These are in quite good condition too, just suffering from a little overspray.

wklRARl.png

The rest of the pics are in here, 50dd

http://imgur.com/a/bM4w1

First job that I need to sort out is rubbers. I need new window seals, door seals, boot seal. I need to make her watertight or when I get round to actually doing the work there'll be nothing left to fix!

So here starts the adventure :)

• Upvote 1

Yeah! I like the colour. :thumbup:

She'll pay for herself in a few years with the road tax you'll save.

I might have a good-used boot lid seal or rear window seal. I'll have to have a rummage.

woo let me know what you find :)

Piddly little 1300 xflow, and a dodgy aftermarket alarm.

NmbDNuO.png

Fibreglass heaterbox appears to be in good condition

9RQryQl.png

Lovely original loom tape

47v0YBH.png

• Upvote 1

You are definately going in the right direction - mk2 next :thumbup:

nice car mate and a bargain . I love black interiors . nice colour car to . there loads you can do with a xflow even swap it for a 711 1600 xflow . good luck

Looking good! What have you done with the crusader?

I shall look forward to the updates.

Frankie

Looking good! What have you done with the crusader?

I shall look forward to the updates.

Frankie

SWOPPED IT FOR THIS, going on for 600 miles I have done over this weekend moving these cars about :thumbup:

Looks great, also well done to Dave for helping you get it.

You could stick a 1600 x flow with 40's in there, it will shift a bit better. Even so the 1300s are not that bad to drive if you are not blasting down the motorway regularly, I've had two of em.

If you go the GXL route you'll have to source a fair amount of trim but if you were to do mostly GT mods to it then the interior of the GT has the L spec door cards, rear seat and parcel shelf which you already have! There is also no worries about drilling panels for the side trims or the (overpriced chrome arches)

Join MTOC, grab a twin lamp grille, some tombstones and a center console, most would barley know it wasn't a GT. You could make a one off black cherry 1300 GT :) Best of all all those mods are reversible so if you ever did find a GXL you could easily sell the bits! Best of luck.

I really don't get why those arch trims are so expensive, most cars have them. I do want to find them eventually and the weather strip chrome too. It looks wrong without it :)

I really don't get why those arch trims are so expensive, most cars have them. I do want to find them eventually and the weather strip chrome too. It looks wrong without it :)

BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE THEM AND THEY ROT

Its not just Cortinas I sold a used set off a Humber Sceptre last week for £142 - my fourth set in a row to go to the USA would you believe.

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done you ! So that's two 1300 black cherry Mk3's in Rainford now with less than half a mile between them ! :winner:

............super duper Mk3 i love it another going to a good home, keep the up dates coming!

Edited by chris mk3

There you go girl !!!!

A proppa cortina :)

Here to help TiBBs

Predicable response from (purist) moi. Looks bob on as it is. Great Buy. :winner: